PDA

View Full Version : Balance Impaired

bigred
12-12-2003, 03:25 AM
My Wife has a total loss of all balance organs. She use a walker for assistance in walking and a scooter for longer distances. Keeping in ming the balance problem, might the Segway HT be an alternative for her?

dgbint
12-12-2003, 08:41 AM
Hi BigRed

Welcome to this site.
I am simply an HT owner, not a doctor, but I reckon the answer may well be yes. The HT does all the balancing for you, that's what it's designed to do.

The absolute best thing to do is go try one !
Try before you buy.
Post here with your state or country if overseas and someone fairly close by should contact you or suggest a rental site.
Spend a few minutes on an HT and see for yourself.
Be prepared for a pleasant surprise.

Michael

fredkap
12-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Big Red,

You don't have an e-mail listed. I would like to put you in contact with a young lady at UC Santa Barbara who also has a balance problem and the Segway has changed her life. There are lots of us all over and we probably could get someone to give you a demo.

Best regards and welcome to SegwayChat,

Fred

jrmiller
12-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Hey Big Red, I have Parkinsons disease and balance is somewhat of an issue wih me. Like you,I had questions as to whether or not it would benefit me. With no Parkinsons owners out there, it boiled down to a demo at a retail outlet. As the old saying goes, "tyr it, you'll like it" seems to be rather appropriate. It has done wonders for me in many aspects of my life. My suggestion is to do as stated above, list you residencey location and I am sure someone will contact you for a demo or help in arranging for one. Contact me if you think I could be of assistance.. SEG-ON SEG-RIGHT JR Miller

dhugger
12-18-2003, 01:25 PM
I've had a few people who have trouble with walking on my HT. Most of them took to it like a fish in water. But like everyone has said, try it out. See what you think.

-Derek Hugger-