PDA

View Full Version : Renting in DC

jss1983
12-01-2003, 05:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew where you could rent in the DC metro area?

rgfiii
12-15-2003, 07:53 PM
try www.segway-rentals-now.com

rgf

Seaway Rentals
12-24-2003, 04:18 PM
Give us a call. We're sanctioned by Segway, LLC and ship nationwide (with some restrictions).

www.seawayrentals.com

tpkanaley
12-29-2003, 03:44 PM
The RENTEX site looks good and conveniently here in Washington, DC, but it looks like they are definitely not looking for the casual one day renter. Hopefully we can get something like that going here soon.

Tim

gotseg
02-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Renting segways out in DC I think could turn into a bad thing fast. Segway tours however, could be a wonderfull addition to DC. There is just soo much to see and its all over the place. I think ill start making some calls just to find out how much it could cost per month to open a rental shop up.

http://www.giguphosting.com/gotseg/gotseg.gif

gotseg
02-07-2004, 05:12 PM
Insurance! Anyone have any idea how much you could estimate it to cost per month?

http://www.giguphosting.com/gotseg/gotseg.gif

Florida Ever-Glides
02-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Figure a minimum of $1,500 -$2,000 per month. That's if you can even find an insurer willing to take on the Segway rental business concept.

Tom Jacobson

LarryL
02-09-2004, 01:35 PM
I can also tell you that there are currently 2 other people working on opening a rental center in DC.

Larry

gotseg
02-09-2004, 05:10 PM
Larry, any chance you can give me names? Id just like to get into contact with them.

gotseg?
"If you had one shot, or one oppportuinity to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it, or just let it slip?"
Justin

LarryL
02-09-2004, 07:10 PM
I'll send them your information and have them get in touch with you. I know they do monitor this site so they may see this and get to you anyway.

Larry

pkpaul
02-17-2004, 06:25 PM
Also GlideSegway.com

pkpaul

beckpm
02-19-2004, 11:36 PM
quote:Originally posted by Florida Ever-Glides

Figure a minimum of $1,500 -$2,000 per month. That's if you can even find an insurer willing to take on the Segway rental business concept.

Tom Jacobson

Which Insurance companies will cover commercial Segway tour operations? If insurance is $2K per month, how do you make a living?

http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/beckpm/segsig.GIF

Florida Ever-Glides
02-20-2004, 09:38 AM
You must figure it costs over $100,000.00 per year to operate a Guided Tour Company that uses the Segway as the mode of transportation. Remember I'm not in the Segway business, I'm in the 'tour operator' business. There is a big difference. It is a lot more expensive and much harder work than the simple but 'more dangerous' rental business model.

Tom Jacobson

beckpm
02-21-2004, 01:55 PM
quote:Originally posted by Florida Ever-Glides

"You must figure it costs over $100,000.00 per year to operate a Guided Tour Company that uses the Segway as the mode of transportation." Tom Jacobson

Tom,
How many years before you break even or make money?

<div align="right">http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/beckpm/segsig.GIF</div id="right">

Florida Ever-Glides
02-22-2004, 08:44 AM
I just started my 'tour business' last December 1st. Projections can sometimes be arbitrary, I'll let you know how it's going at SegFest, if you're there. So far it's ok, and a lot of fun being a tour guide on a Seg. My wife and I are in it for the fun factor, not the get rich quick thing. We're just trying to make it a safe experience for everyone.

Tom Jacobson

fathertime
03-07-2004, 02:37 AM
For anyone interested in starting a Segway Touring business we can set you up with insurance, maintenance, and training, without a huge cash outlay. We can teach you how to conduct your tours and turn a profit very quickly. This is all accomplished safely and effectively with our tried and true business model. All that is required is a dedication to doing it right and a willingness to learn. Feel free to contact us offline for details.[^]

JR