PDA

View Full Version : Locking Of Topics

emanresu
12-19-2002, 10:13 AM
Hey, I understand you not wanting to get involved with private sales of Segways, but this business of locking topics because people have opinions is just not right. Segways WILL be sold on the open market, so we may as well discuss it now- I thought that's what this board was for.

GlideMaster
12-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Since you show a picture of the Segway on your business site, why don't you let them put it up for sale on your site? Just a suggestion.

quote:Originally posted by emanresu

Hey, I understand you not wanting to get involved with private sales of Segways, but this business of locking topics because people have opinions is just not right. Segways WILL be sold on the open market, so we may as well discuss it now- I thought that's what this board was for.

emanresu
12-19-2002, 10:25 AM
My Segway is not for sale- I don't even have it. But, on the other hand, at the right price....

charmed
12-19-2002, 10:31 AM
Sorry people, re: the ebay thread.

I didn't catch Sidewinders previous thread, http://www.segwaychat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=719 where he let us know he was the broker in this deal.

I understand much better, now.

Hopefully we can figure out some way that the rest of us non-brokers can discuss the phenomenon of private sales that are sure to crop up. I think it is very interesting.

Perhaps if Sidewinder and others in his position simply refrain from 'selling' here, the rest of us can continue with the conversation next time?

just a thought

charmed

emanresu
12-19-2002, 10:32 AM
Oh, I get it...The only thing is, I am not suggesting this board be a forum for sales- my point is we can still DISCUSS the issue!

ftropea
12-19-2002, 10:34 AM
emanresu,

According to the Segway HT owner's policies for a business, any resale of their Segway HT before March 2003 would be in violation of their agreement with Segway LLC. Even the winners of the "Early Delivery Contest" "..agrees not to re-sell or otherwise transfer any interest in his or her Segway HT prior to March 1, 2003" according to the official rules of the contest here:

http://www.segway.com/shop/contest/rules.html

In other words, this kind of activity is prohibited/illegal at this point. As Admin of this site, I'd like to stay away from the illegal activity. Most likely the person with these "4 Segways", for example, is a business customer. They should check the terms of their agreement before trying to anonymously offload their units.

That said, eBay is there for anyone to buy/sell anything they want. I just don't want that sort of stuff promoted on here until March 1st when it should be legally OK for everyone involved.

Emanresu, I don't have a problem with opinions.

As an alternative, would everyone rather I re-open the thread and "edit" out the links and solicitations which I feel are inappropriate? For example, I'd edit out the eBay link with "X's" and also make a change to someone's post. Let me know what you prefer.

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

emanresu
12-19-2002, 10:44 AM
I agree with editing if it's not too difficult for you. Thank you.

muckle
12-19-2002, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I think you should allow discussion, but not links.

Mr_Laurenzano
05-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Those were the days........

Segway-
Half the speed of a car,
Twice as Smart.

madkayaker
07-17-2004, 11:42 PM
quote:emanresu,

According to the Segway HT owner's policies for a business, any resale of their Segway HT before March 2003 would be in violation of their agreement with Segway LLC. Even the winners of the "Early Delivery Contest" "..agrees not to re-sell or otherwise transfer any interest in his or her Segway HT prior to March 1, 2003" according to the official rules of the contest here:

http://www.segway.com/shop/contest/rules.html

In other words, this kind of activity is prohibited/illegal at this point. As Admin of this site, I'd like to stay away from the illegal activity. Most likely the person with these "4 Segways", for example, is a business customer. They should check the terms of their agreement before trying to anonymously offload their units.

That said, eBay is there for anyone to buy/sell anything they want. I just don't want that sort of stuff promoted on here until March 1st when it should be legally OK for everyone involved.

Emanresu, I don't have a problem with opinions.

As an alternative, would everyone rather I re-open the thread and "edit" out the links and solicitations which I feel are inappropriate? For example, I'd edit out the eBay link with "X's" and also make a change to someone's post. Let me know what you prefer.

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

why exactly is this?

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you"
"Your mind is like a parachute-it only works when it's open"
-2 of my favorite skydiving references

pam
07-19-2004, 07:26 AM
This thread is very old and has no relevance to the situation as it exists with Segways today, Madkayaker. IMHO, there's plenty to talk about today and the situation as it exists today without pulling up old posts.
Pam