PDA

View Full Version : Florida rental in orlando area?

cujochurch
11-10-2003, 02:06 PM
My hubby is obsessed with segways but as of yet has not been for a ride on one. We live in VA Beach, VA and as far as I know there is no where he can try one out. However, we will be heading to Walt Disney World for vacation. There has got to be somewhere there that he can take a spin. Can anyone help out?

Cujo

Relay
11-10-2003, 10:48 PM
You are in luck. You can rent a machine or go on a guided ride at any of the Relay locations around the state. There are two within the Orlando area - Celebration and Winter Park.

Please note - you can not take a Segway into WDW. They do not allow it for security and liability reasons.

To make a reservation, please email us at info@RelayToGo.com

rgfiii
12-15-2003, 08:03 PM
you could also try www.segway-rentals-now.com

rgf

Relay
12-15-2003, 08:10 PM
It is hard to not come off plugging Relay when my avatar is Relay, but...
The down side from Rentex is that they assume that you will be able to "get it" without training. That is a scary proposition if you have indeed just paid $300-400 to rent a machine for a holiday, gotten it shipped to you, and found that you can't figure out how to really use it. The video and the book go a long way, but there is that one last bit that only a real live person can give you.
If Rentex had some kind of money-back guarantee for the off chance that you could not figure it out sufficiently to be worth your while ....
Also, Rentex is considerably more expensive than any of the competing organizations that I am aware of.