PDA

View Full Version : NYC monthly owners meeting 10/04/03 4:00PM

SegwayBill
09-28-2003, 03:09 PM
It's that time again for our monthly meeting. Saturday October the 4th at 4:00PM. We are still not sure of the location yet, but keep your dance card open for next Saturday.
We will be discussing the upcoming Halloween Parade this years theme is the Trickster.

Bill

SegwayLongIsland
09-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Hi Bill. We've been missing in action for a few months now, but we're back and we'll be there!! Wayne & Ginger

mac
09-28-2003, 04:11 PM
Hi Bill,

Well, I'm out on this one, too - I'll be in Europe - but I am planning on the Halloween Parade. Fortunately, I met lots of people at the upgrade yesterday - it was good to catch up. Only you and Itsi were missing! Hope you made it down there. See everyone in November.

L.I. Glider
09-29-2003, 11:05 AM
We'll be there.

See everyone Saturday!

Joanne and Steven

brina
10-01-2003, 11:40 PM
what time will the meeting go to, about??

SegwayBill
10-02-2003, 11:36 PM
brina
The meetings usually last a couple of hours and sometimes we do dinner afterwards

Bill

Itsi Atkins
10-03-2003, 12:09 AM
Bill, great to see you hosting the meeting. I will be out of town, but please check next weeks, NY Sun. It will have the first independent position on Segway use in NYC, by Citystreets.org They are a very active group and can help us in the acceptance by NYC. Have fun, itsi

SegwayLongIsland
10-03-2003, 02:13 AM
Anyone know where the meeting Tomorrow at 4:00pm will be?? I read all the posts about 3 times and can't find a mention of a location??

If it's written somewhere, pardon my senility!! Wayne

ftropea
10-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Here are the details:

DATE: Saturday, October 4th, 2003

TIME: 4PM EST

LOCATION: "GATORS" at the South Street Seaport - 89 South Street
(Ground Level - corner of the pier.)

We've arranged with management to get the inside tables - towards the back - so we can have out meeting/late lunch - early dinner (optional if you want to stay and eat).

This is the same place some of us had lunch/dinner at after the upgrade last weekend :-) It's SEG friendly.. so let's support the place!

I'll email this out to all the NYC Seg owners.. Spread the word.

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

[/sc] Admin - "Keep your wheels on the ground!" - Contact Me (segwaychat@segwaychat.com)

EricNR
10-04-2003, 09:53 AM
Can anyone advise me of the best train or bus connection to get to "GATORS" from Penn Station? I'd be comming in on the LIRR. Thanks
Eric

SegwayBill
10-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Eric
It looks like rain today. Your machine will fit in the trunk of a newer yellow cab. If you see a minivan cab they are the best. If not look closely at a line of cabs you will notice that some have larger rear doors they also have larger trunks.
From Penn Station you can also take the A or E train downtown to Fulton St-Broadway Nassau. Then Seg over to the South St. Sea Port bring an umbrella.
Walk your machine in the subway station it is a hundred dollar fine if you run across a cop who is having a bad day.

Bill

Itsi Atkins
10-04-2003, 10:21 PM
How did the meeting go and who attended. Sorry I missed it and will be back this weekend.

EricNR
10-05-2003, 11:18 AM
Same as Itsi, it wound up I couldn't get there. How did it go?

L.I. Glider
10-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Itsi:
Sorry you missed the meeting, as did a few others like Eric (above) and Frank & Azeeza. We ended up with Stan, Wayne, Ginger, Sabrina (new member), Bill, Steven and Joanne. We had a great meeting: we wrote a mission statement, elected officers, collected dues, discussed pending legislation, decided on costumes for the Halloween parade, had 2 guest speakers, did a bunch of demos, went on an hour long glide and then there was the incident with the Segway going off the pier ....

Ok.. seriously. It was chilly out. And rainy (yet again). So we socialized for a while at Gators, then went on a short glide. Had fun, didn't accomplish too much business.

See everyone on 11/4!

Regards,
Joanne

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Itsi Atkins
10-05-2003, 10:08 PM
You got me. I guess since we tried to pull one on Frank last meeting, it was my turn. Glad you didn't get anything done and look forward to the meeting in Nov.(big surprise guys, not routine like having Dean fly in). You will read about it in the next weeks papers.