PDA

View Full Version : Lego Segways

Moolkye
09-24-2003, 01:39 PM
I have been an admirer of the Segway ever since the "IT" was mentioned in the air of Geeks. I haven't had the money to get one yet, but I fiddle in other realms of play. One of them is Lego. I have built the only known toy or replica of Segways on the planet.
http://www.dbdbdesigns.com/lego/segway-01.jpg
http://www.dbdbdesigns.com/lego/segway-02.jpg
They are available in 3 Colors. Grey, Yellow, and Blue. Or other schemes, like racing strips and what not.
Grey $10.00
Blue $12.00
Yellow $12.00
Special/Customized $15.00
I can also make them with carriers and or people on them. I can also put them into clear plastic cases if wante for an additional $5.00. I don't glue these together as that would be frowned upon in the Lego world :)
If interested or if you have any questions please contact me at dbantner@adelphia.net.
I have been trying to sell them on Ebay and have been successful. Hopefully this will be my start to getting my very own HT :)
Dan

dbdb Designs
Dream Big... Dream Bold!!!

gotseg
09-24-2003, 04:07 PM
Great idea Moolkye! quote: I have built the only known toy or replica of Segways on the planet. While you are probably one of the first, many replicas have been made. Including a lego one that accualy self balances! Ive seen this on ebay as well.

gotseg?

Moolkye
09-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Ahhh yes the LegWay. It does definately balance on it's own, but it looks nothing like the Segway. Mine does look like the Segway though. Pretty darn close if I do say so myself. :)
But I'm my own best supporter :)
Dan

dbdb Designs

gotseg
09-25-2003, 06:04 PM
I accualy got in contact with steve about 6 months ago after watching his legway on techtv. Your right when you say it looks nothing like the real thing, but he did say that he had cut out a side profile shot of the segway and taped it to the side. Not made out of legos, but, very cool indeed.

gotseg?

Sleepy
09-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Moolkye,
Pretty cool!...does your kickstand break off when you play with it, like on the real Segway :)

-Alex

Moolkye
09-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Nope, mine folds upward to be put out of the way during playtime :)
Dan

dbdb Designs

Stan671
09-26-2003, 06:20 PM
I bought one of these Lego Segways off of Ebay. It is really cute and a good replica. I will be gluing it together so that it holds better. Thanks for making these.

Stan Dobrowski

Moolkye
09-27-2003, 05:32 PM
My pleasure. Like I said, hopefully this will be a start to getting my very own REAL Segway :)
Dan

dbdb Designs

Sunday
09-30-2003, 01:01 AM
Now you just need a denim clad figure with a briefcase mounted on the side!

Sunday

Segway-more fun than you can stand!