PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Rental is HERE!

Montrealrentals
07-25-2003, 12:28 PM
Hey Everyone,

My name is Jeremy Hill and I am the General Manager of Location SEG! Rentals, eastern Canada's first Segway rental company.

I wanted to take a second and properly introduce ourselves to the Segway Chat community.

Let me tell you a little bit about SEG! Rentals:

To start, all of our first time guests must complete our orientation package which includes:

-20 min safety video
-10 min classroom instruction and history on the Segway (This is where we teach people about Segway Etiquette and how to be a good "Segway ambassador" ..more on that later)
-20 min indoor training in our custom Segway training centre (1200 sq/ft with all the obstacle courses that you saw at the Bedford facility and more) We teach the exact same Segway lesson that is given at Segway , in fact all our instructors are certified.
-10 min guided tour to the nearby bike paths and Old Port of Montreal (These bike paths are miles long and also lead to the Old Port of Montreal as well as the beautiful Lachine Canal)
-30 min rental. Here our guests have the chance to go out and try the Segway on their own. Whenever possible we will send out an instructor on a Segway to "ghost" the guest (Basically hang out behind them make sure that there SEG! experience is a safe one). When we can't do that, the guest will have a MIKE phone (Walky talky that works over the cell networks) so they are always in constant contact with our offices.

We really concentrate on teaching our guests that they must always give the proper respect to Bicyclists and pedestrians and we constantly remind them that they are ambassadors to the Segway in Montreal. We really want to make sure that we introduce ourselves very positively into our city and community.

After the guest has completed the Orientation course, they have a SEG! Membership and can rent from us anytime for 30 mins or full hour.

We also offer corporate packages and group rates.

If anyone would like to have more information on our operation please feel free to check out our web site at:
www.segcanada.com
or e-mail me directly at
jeremy@segcanada.com

Thanks everyone,

Ride Safe, Ride Fun, Ride the Future!

Jeremy Hill
General Manager
Location SEG! Rentals
Montreal, Canada

Jeremy Hill
General Manager

Location SEG! Rentals
Ride the Future TODAY!

Ph: 514-393-0734
Fx: 514-393-2734
www.segcanada.com
info@segcanada.com

larryKay
07-25-2003, 05:45 PM
First of all congratulations on your new endeavour,Jeremy. What if a prospective renter is also an owner? Do we have to take the intro course ? I was in Paris recently, and they waived the intro part for me as I was their first Seg owner taking their Paris tour.. I just gor on the Segwaya and they knew instantly...........

Larry

PS. A good way would be for Seg owners to bring some ID such as proof of insurance for a Segway or a photo of the owner on his machine. Maybe a network of ID cards could be set up among owners/renters as to qualifications ???

Montrealrentals
07-25-2003, 07:01 PM
That's a great question Larry,

If you own a Segway or have taken the full training before (and yes some sort of proof is helpful :) but your right we can tell) you can rent the Segway at our member price (All Segway owners are automaticaly members at SEG!).

In the long run the more that the people see experienced and safe Segway riders the better it will be for the whole Segway comunity.

Thanks again for your question Larry

Jeremy Hill
General Manager

Location SEG! Rentals
Ride the Future TODAY!

www.segcanada.com
info@segcanada.com

larryKay
07-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Now, I am REALLY looking forward to my next trip to Montreal. Thanks, Jeremy

Larry

nocanfly
07-27-2003, 02:39 PM
Congrats Jeremy. I will be visiting my family in Montreal in September so I'll be sure to pay a visit and rent a segway. It would be really fun to glide around Vieux Montréal and the old port.

Montrealrentals
07-30-2003, 12:26 PM
Thank you very much Nocanfly.

I can promise you that you will have a fun, safe and memorable SEG! Experience!. The vieux port hasn't looked this nice in years (nor the Lachine Canal for that matter).

See you soon.

Jeremy Hill
General Manager

Location SEG! Rentals
Ride the Future TODAY!

www.segcanada.com
info@segcanada.com

BruceWright
07-31-2003, 06:36 PM
Boy that sounds GREAT!

If I went, I'd STILL take your training. I'd love to get on that obsticle course.

I might convince you to let me skip that video, since I think I've already seen it enough.

What a great rental experience you offer!

-Bruce Wright

Segway: Vehicle of Dream

Montrealrentals
07-31-2003, 06:50 PM
Yeah that video is only fun the first 2 or three times ;).

Any Segway owner is an auto member here at Location SEG! Rentals.So that means you get to go right out. But we never deny anyone a ride on the obstacle course. The skill with doing the obstacles is doing them in control.

Lot's of fun.

Stop by anytime.

Jeremy Hill
General Manager

Location SEG! Rentals
Ride the Future TODAY!

www.segcanada.com
info@segcanada.com

opti6600
07-31-2003, 07:05 PM
I've seen the video a few times, to say the least, but I'd say the face-explosions just don't get old!

Jeremy, thanks for telling us about this, it's great to hear! I'm glad to see you're giving the community a leg up in the vacation rentals, it's a nice ability to rent a HT wherever you go, and without too much hassle.

Best regards,
Jordan

---------
Let's just take the safety labels off of everything and let America's problem sort itself out.

Montrealrentals
08-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Thanks Jordan,

:>). Its the animations in the Video that really makes me chuckle all the time. For us here in Montreal the tough part with the stickers and the video was getting everything translated to French (and in case your wondering, the video is just a boring in French).

Everyone here in Quebec are really excited about the possibilities of the Segway. They already have a Bio-diesel program for the public buses and Quebec was also a very strong supporter of the Kyoto Protocol (for the environment) so the Segway Ht is totally in line with our provincial governments thinking.

Hopefully we will be joining the regulated states shortly. Until them we will keep educating and gliding safely.

Jeremy Hill
General Manager

Location SEG! Rentals
Ride the Future TODAY!

www.segcanada.com
info@segcanada.com