PDA

View Full Version : X2 with jerky steering until it's been ridden about a mile

wilhendrix
03-21-2021, 08:02 PM
My X2 (with 4000 miles) has started to sort of jerk when steering left or right. It feels like there is some slop in the connection between the lean steer and base. I took the stem off and it seems fine. Interesting part is the problem seems to go away after about a mile of riding. That makes me think it's electronic, not a connection issue. Have had two X2 (15 years) and have about 8000 miles total. I can't walk very well and the X2 is a great substitute for legs.

agyatlantraktor
05-05-2021, 12:33 PM
i think, your x2's pivot sensor is wrong.

agyatlantraktor
05-05-2021, 02:47 PM
you need to change the pivot sensor, i think...

Philip
05-06-2021, 07:21 AM
I agree, the Steering Sensor is failing and will need to be replaced. You may find that the jerky feeling varies with temperature. Over time, the jerkiness will get progressively worse, and eventually begin to cause Safety Shutdowns (and the InfoKey will report one of two associated error codes). You'll be able to use the Segway PT just fine between these Safety Shutdowns, but they will become ever more regular. Eventually it will fault upon start-up. Replacing the sensor will completely resolve the problem.

Civicsman
05-06-2021, 06:02 PM
Check with Central Florida Segway or Segs4Vets for brand new Segway-specified LeanSteer sensors from the Original Equipment Manufacturer. They have two independent sensor elements within the housing for control system redundancy, are fully design-validated by Segway, and have been factory-installed in I2/X2 since 2006.