PDA

View Full Version : NUMBERED SEGWAY PRINTS (See it here!)

RAG1247
12-02-2002, 04:41 PM
I got my segway gift today for ordering the segway ht. It is a large poster of segway "people" and the unit and mine is numbered 1339. Did anyone else receive theirs?

As previously mentioned, I also ordered a second unit on 11/27 but as yet have not received contest code or confirmation from segway (did receive confirmation from amazon). Guess everybody still is eating turkey.

Richard

Lazarus
12-02-2002, 04:45 PM
Ha.Simultaneous postings!

When I finished posting about the gift and looked--there was your post...Congratulations...Linda

Casey
12-02-2002, 04:51 PM
Hi Lazarus,

I'm moving this post here to combine duplicate threads.

quote:Lazarus
Starting Member

10 Posts
Posted - Dec 02 2002 : 2:41:54 PM

Today UPS delivered a package with the poster designed for Segway as a gift for new owners. It is a VERY large poster-- mostly shades of black/gray with the Segway depicted in multiples. It is really quite nice.

Anyone else got one yet?
Linda

ftropea
12-02-2002, 04:59 PM
Any chance either one of you could take a photo of the poster and e-mail it to me? I'll post it to the photo album.

SegwayChat@SegwayChat.com

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

Lazarus
12-02-2002, 05:10 PM
Sorry Frank--
With my classic webtv I cannot email pictures. Linda

Jameskk
12-02-2002, 06:03 PM
Hi

did it arrive by UPS, Fedex, etc?? In a tube or what?

I am afraid mine might be on one of my employees desk or in the mailroom somewhere.. I need to look for it!

RAG1247
12-02-2002, 06:22 PM
The poster came in a tube via fedex 2 day.

will try to take pix tonight and email

Richard

Jameskk
12-02-2002, 06:34 PM
great

thanks

Blinky
12-02-2002, 08:35 PM
RAG1247 writes,
quote:As previously mentioned, I also ordered a second unit on 11/27 but as yet have not received contest code or confirmation from segway (did receive confirmation from amazon). Guess everybody still is eating turkey.
If you bought the second Segway on the same credit card or amazon account, they might just be seeing you as one customer. You will probably only end up with only one Segway contest chance.

You should look into that.

RAG1247
12-02-2002, 09:03 PM
Re: second order, did receive email this afternoon with second contest entry code

Richard

Blinky
12-02-2002, 09:12 PM
Glad to hear that Rag1247. I wish you good luck on your second attempt on the contest once again!

Casey
12-02-2002, 09:21 PM
Sure, RAG's stuffing the ballot box.

4Seg
12-02-2002, 09:25 PM
RAG, contrats. I think I will put our numbers on the Roll Call as well.

If we could only be resellers...

Mike
http://www.stlsegway.com
Yahoo: stlsegway

ftropea
12-02-2002, 11:42 PM
Thanks to SegwayChat member RAG1247 for e-mailing me pics of this print!

<html>
<body>

Here is the Segway Limited Edition Collector's Poster:</p>

http://www.segwaychat.com/images/segway-poster.jpg</p>

A close-up of the &quot;Congratulations... you are one of the first owners of the
new Segway...&quot; message located on the bottom left of the poster. Directly
above it is the print # &quot;1,339&quot;.</p>

http://www.segwaychat.com/images/segway-poster-bottom.jpg</p>
</body>
</html>

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

GlideMaster
12-03-2002, 03:46 AM
Hi Frank,

Still waiting for mine. Do you think the print number will give us an idea how many have been sold so far?

<center>REMEMBER:
Responsible Riders Ride Segway
and
Segway Riders Ride Responsibly

Segway, The Mind Changer</center>

quote:Originally posted by ftropea

Thanks to SegwayChat member RAG1247 for e-mailing me pics of this print!

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

n/a
12-03-2002, 02:57 PM
quote:Still waiting for mine. Do you think the print number will give us an idea how many have been sold so far?

If they have only sold 1339 of them so far, that does not sound good.

Maybe some of the other buyers can provide us the answer to this. If the numbers are close that should tell us something significant. Segway may unintentionally be letting the cat out of the bag. This could be a scoop for Segwaychat, not so good for Segway if this gets into the media. Segway obviously doesnt want to let the world know how many Segways they have sold.

Carl
12-03-2002, 05:47 PM
I got my poster, #1181, today. (I ordered my unit the afternoon of November 19.)

If they've sold 1339 Segways, I think that's pretty amazingly good. That's over $6 million in pre-orders, in the first couple of weeks, for a product that many of the purchasers have probably never even seen in person, and which we won't get for three to six months.

In fact, if mine was order #1181, and I made the order on the 19th, then that's almost $6 million in the first couple of DAYS.

By the way, I thought the poster was ugly, actually...I'd much rather have an actual photograph of a Segway.

Jameskk
12-03-2002, 07:08 PM
I got mine today too.. # 845

I wonder if the print number has anything to do with order#.. I doubt that it does. I placed my order around 8PM EST on day they went on sale.

ftropea
12-03-2002, 07:11 PM
It could very well have something to do with the order #. We won't know until we hear what all the other Segway owners received and when they ordered their Segways..

Let's see if there is a pattern.

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

n/a
12-03-2002, 07:46 PM
quote:If they've sold 1339 Segways, I think that's pretty amazingly good. That's over $6 million in pre-orders, in the first couple of weeks, for a product that many of the purchasers have probably never even seen in person, and which we won't get for three to six months.

In fact, if mine was order #1181, and I made the order on the 19th, then that's almost $6 million in the first couple of DAYS.

If u assume that the numbers stand for the number of consumer models that have been sold, it would not make any sense. If u assume the total number of Segways sold so far, which seems reasonable, that does not look good for Segway.

Casey
12-03-2002, 07:58 PM
quote:If u assume that the numbers stand for the number of consumer models that have been sold, it would not make any sense. If u assume the total number of Segways sold so far, which seems reasonable, that does not look good for Segway.

I sure don't follow your thinking on that. IMO it would make more sense for the numbers on the posters to correspond with the serial number of the consumer Segway to be shipped to the buyer, starting at #1. A pattern should emerge soon.

n/a
12-03-2002, 08:20 PM
quote:I sure don't follow your thinking on that. IMO it would make more sense for the numbers on the posters to correspond with the serial number of the consumer Segway to be shipped to the buyer, starting at #1. A pattern should emerge soon.

If the numbers followed the number of consumer models shipped we should be expecting the first ones to be numbered from 1-30. Part of the prestiege of being an early adapter is having one of the first few Segways produced. If we assume that the numbers represent the amount produced of the i series, or the total numbers sold that would make more sense.

Lazarus
12-03-2002, 08:20 PM
My poster is #760.

Amazon order confirmation=Nov.18th at 11:56am (EST)

GlideMaster
12-03-2002, 08:28 PM
Casey Casey Casey, I follow your logic and it stands to reason that the Posters would probably be numbered according to the Segway serial number, which may correspond with the order in which you placed your order. I missed the Fed Ex man so I'll be going to the Fed Ex station in about an hour to pick up what should be my poster. I'll let you know later.

<center>REMEMBER:
and

quote:Originally posted by Casey

quote:If u assume that the numbers stand for the number of consumer models that have been sold, it would not make any sense. If u assume the total number of Segways sold so far, which seems reasonable, that does not look good for Segway.

I sure don't follow your thinking on that. IMO it would make more sense for the numbers on the posters to correspond with the serial number of the consumer Segway to be shipped to the buyer, starting at #1. A pattern should emerge soon.

Casey
12-03-2002, 08:31 PM
quote:If the numbers followed the number of consumer models shipped we should be expecting the first ones to be numbered from 1-30.

I'm too lazy to go back through the posts and check. Have any of the contest winners given us their poster number? That would be helpful by showing whether their numbers are in the 1-30 group.

Blinky
12-03-2002, 08:39 PM
Lawrence writes,
quote:Maybe some of the other buyers can provide us the answer to this. If the numbers are close that should tell us something significant. Segway may unintentionally be letting the cat out of the bag. This could be a scoop for Segwaychat, not so good for Segway if this gets into the media. Segway obviously doesnt want to let the world know how many Segways they have sold.
Well, this would tell us how many consumers have bought a Segway-HT. It won't tell us how many businesses bought. I think that total is not bad. Its a pretty good number to start off in our struggling economy(assuming most were sold in USA)

Also, wouldn't it have been great if they tell you about the poster before one buys the Segway-HT. I am not saying many more would have been sold, but it would not have hurt. This information would have pushed some people into getting one sooner than later. It could have been the push they needed to win the 'tug of war' with someone who was not quite ready yet.

The poster will be of some value one day. It is something nice to have in one's collection. Congrats to all those who got one!

n/a
12-03-2002, 08:56 PM
quote:Well, this would tell us how many consumers have bought a Segway-HT. It won't tell us how many businesses bought. I think that total is not bad. Its a pretty good number to start off in our struggling economy(assuming most were sold in USA)

If over a 1000 consumers have bought the Segway, why would the lucky winners not get the lowest numbers, ie the first 30 Segways produced for he consumer market?

Again, I think those numbers are most likely to represent the he total number of the i-series sold, unfortunately. Someone has suggested that some of the early Segways being sold are recycled machines that may have been loaned out to some firms. That is a nasty rumor that I hope will soon be disconfirmed.

flashgoirl
12-03-2002, 09:05 PM
Mine was 628 - I can't imagine there being a relationship between print # and # of units sold. You'd need more information - like are the prints only for this promotion or have they been given out all along - are they stacked randomly or sent out in order?

"When buying dog toys one must always consider the delicate balance between fluff and squeak." - pt

Blinky
12-03-2002, 09:06 PM
Lawrence writes,
quote:Someone has suggested that some of the early Segways being sold are recycled machines that may have been loaned out to some firms. That is a nasty rumor that I hope will soon be disconfirmed.
Oh geeze, its like telling house guests that you pre-chewed their lunch you made them. How wrong would that be if true.

I don't believe it, doesn't make any sense.

4Seg
12-03-2002, 09:18 PM
I got mine tonight Print #380 Team, if you haven't alread added your name to the Segway HT - Owner's Roll Call, please do. Oh, and add the printer number if you have one.

:)

If we could only be resellers...

Mike
http://www.stlsegway.com
Yahoo: stlsegway

GlideMaster
12-04-2002, 12:35 AM
Well guys I picked mine up at the Fed Ex office this evening. Misssed the earlier delivery attempt.

I made my purchase on 18 November 2002, at about 6:35 AM.

And the number is: 1050.

<center>To the tune of Jingle Bells: On Key please. :)</center>
<center>Segway Sales

Jingle Bells, Segs on sale
hope mine’s on it’s way
Oh what fun it’ll be to glide
on a Segway open sleigh.
Oh Jingle Bells, Segs on sale
Amazon what’s the delay.
Do I have to wait three months
for my Segway open sleigh.

At Amazon on the net
I found my Segway sleigh.
Which Segway do I get
I Series on the way.
Bells on fenders ring
I think it needs some lights.
Oh what fun to glide and sing
my Segway came tonight.</center>

<center>Just more of my Segway madness.</center>

<center>REMEMBER:
and

Blinky
12-04-2002, 12:45 AM
Weskifm writes,
quote:I made my purchase on 18 November 2002, at about 6:35 AM.

You don't sound to happy. Ordering it that early, I would think that you would have gotten a lower number..

GlideMaster
12-04-2002, 12:53 AM
Now how do you determine over the internet that I'm not happy? My camera is not on. I put Jingle Bells with my posting, so that should project something. It's not about the number, it's just a number. It's all about getting my Seg. :):):):D:D:D[8D][8D][8D][^][^][^]

<center>REMEMBER:
and

quote:Originally posted by Blinky

Weskifm writes,
quote:I made my purchase on 18 November 2002, at about 6:35 AM.

You don't sound to happy. Ordering it that early, I would think that you would have gotten a lower number..

Blinky
12-04-2002, 01:01 AM
quote:Now how do you determine over the internet that I'm not happy? My camera is not on. I put Jingle Bells with my posting, so that should project something. It's not about the number, it's just a number. It's all about getting my Seg.
Good point, I wish you could have had one of the lower numbers. Not that lower makes it better, your still one of the original people to buy one.

Personally, I would want a lower number. I wonder how many posters Segway LLC gave out to their employees who bought Segway's. They probably got the lower numbers.

When it comes down to it, you future owners are the real lucky ones! I am jealously happy for all of you.:D

steve1501
12-04-2002, 11:27 AM
No one knows what batch the posters are coming out of, so they could be pulled randomly, but I doubt that. The number on my print is 979. I do agree that the poster numbers could be an unofficial count of the sales figures.

It would be interesting to know what Segway anticipated as the sales figures for the initial run of adopters. Other than the initial TV press release that Amazon was selling the units and Amazon placing a Segway logo in its screen, there has been limited marketing of the units. I think that we need to consider this a soft opening because for most people, it would be a leap of faith for someone to spend 5,000 for something sight unseen.

The better barometer will be the sales figures for June after the first Segways are in the market place.

GlideMaster
12-04-2002, 11:42 AM
Thank You Blinky, this is one of your better quotes.

quote:
When it comes down to it, you future owners are the real lucky ones! I am jealously happy for all of you.:D

<center>REMEMBER:
and

JosephM
12-04-2002, 11:48 AM
I agree Steve1501, I think we'll see more on sale once comercials and people riding them around are out. I also think that if Segway sets up temporary testing areas at malls and museums for a day or two to try it our, then people will look at it, ride it, and want one. I'm happy that around 1 week of it being out, they've sold 1,330 copies.

Visit our FIRST Help Boards at http://tucker.helix-designs.com//index.php !!

muckle
12-04-2002, 12:06 PM
OK, somebody has to clear something up for me! I have checked and rechecked the scan of the poster, and it sure LOOKS like the type at the bottom right says "Simplicity. Honesty. Inspiration. Death." !!

Now, unless cheney or groovy are printing these &lt;g&gt;, I'm assuming I'm just misinterpreting that last word... "Dream." maybe?

Please LMK. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this.

GlideMaster
12-04-2002, 12:10 PM
The last word is "DEPTH".

quote:Originally posted by muckle

OK, somebody has to clear something up for me! I have checked and rechecked the scan of the poster, and it sure LOOKS like the type at the bottom right says "Simplicity. Honesty. Inspiration. Death." !!

Now, unless cheney or groovy are printing these &lt;g&gt;, I'm assuming I'm just misinterpreting that last word... "Dream." maybe?

Please LMK. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks this.

ftropea
12-04-2002, 12:10 PM
Depth!!!

You... ;)

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

GlideMaster
12-04-2002, 12:16 PM
Getting slow in your old age Frank. What was it about one tenth of a second after me. Just kidding.

<center>REMEMBER:
and

quote:Originally posted by ftropea

Depth!!!

You... ;)

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

muckle
12-04-2002, 05:33 PM
Depth, huh? I wouldn't have guessed that. You've got to admit it looks like that other word...

BTW, Mega Congrats to all who have ordered their Segways! I look forward to seeing you on the streets/sidewalks of the near future...

Oh, and I was also wondering if it comes with a horn of some sort? Or a beep or whistle to alert folks of your approach?

hodgepoj
12-04-2002, 05:43 PM
quote:Originally posted by Blinky

Personally, I would want a lower number. I wonder how many posters Segway LLC gave out to their employees who bought Segway's. They probably got the lower numbers.

On the other hand, one could make a case for getting a higher number -- such as 1,000,000. I recall many businesses who gave their one millionth customer lots of goodies.

Dr. Paul O. Johnson
Senior Exhibit Developer
The Science Place
Dallas, Texas 75210

JosephM
12-04-2002, 05:45 PM
If anyone comes to Richmond VA, give me a PM! Ride it around Kings Dominion!

flashgoirl
12-04-2002, 06:30 PM
I can now officially report there is no corrolation between serial number and print number.

T-11.32 until full charge ;)

"When buying dog toys one must always consider the delicate balance between fluff and squeak." - pt

ftropea
12-04-2002, 06:33 PM
Alright! - Got your Segway, huh? Did it come UPS or did you have to pick it up?

Also - I've assigned you a SegwayChat photo album as you requested. Can't wait to see those pics :)

http://www.segwaychat.com/forum/photo_album.asp

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

JosephM
12-04-2002, 06:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by flashgoirl

I can now officially report there is no corrolation between serial number and print number.

T-11.32 until full charge ;)

I'm mad. Show me a picture of every inch of that thing.

Cube128
12-04-2002, 08:12 PM
Flashgoil, when you take your Segway out in public over the next few days, be sure to give people rides if they want one, and answer questions as well. Tell us all about it!

GlideMaster
12-04-2002, 08:44 PM
Went to a Military School in Powhatan, Va. which is about 60 miles from Richmond. If I come through there next year I'll let you knmow. Where I go the Seg will go. My new moniker will be:

<center>Have Seg Will Travel</center>

quote:Originally posted by Joseph M

If anyone comes to Richmond VA, give me a PM! Ride it around Kings Dominion!

GlideMaster
12-04-2002, 08:58 PM
If she shows them how to ride and they get hurt; they might try and say she never showed them how to do this or that properly. You know this is a litigious society.

<center>Have Seg Will Travel</center>

<center>REMEMBER:
and

quote:Originally posted by Cube128

Flashgoil, when you take your Segway out in public over the next few days, be sure to give people rides if they want one, and answer questions as well. Tell us all about it!

Blinky
12-04-2002, 09:10 PM
Weskifm Writes,
quote:If she shows them how to ride and they get hurt; they might try and say she never showed them how to do this or that properly. You know this is a litigious society.
Are you recommending that recent buyers should not teach/allow other people to ride their HT's without first taking Segway's "Training Center"?

wayne
12-04-2002, 09:57 PM
Go ahead and teach them. When you purchase a bicycle, car or motorcycle they don't send you to a driving school.

Blinky
12-04-2002, 10:00 PM
quote:Go ahead and teach them. When you purchase a bicycle, car or motorcycle they don't send you to a driving school.
I agree, people should be allowed to teach, but I would not just give some guy off the street who I don't know a ride. You have to make sure you know who your giving a ride to.

JosephM
12-04-2002, 10:06 PM
I've ridden one, so I can ride it good.

GlideMaster
12-04-2002, 10:35 PM
Blinky after a few hours of training do you think that should qualify one to be an instructor. True the learning curve is very short but it takes hours and hours of riding to learn all of the nuances of riding the Segway. I've forgotten how many hours they want you to have riding before you can take the 3Ts training course. I think it might be 30 hours but don't quote me on that. Then you still have to be doing it for a company or city or business.

<center>Have Seg Will Travel

REMEMBER:
and

Segway, The Mind Changer</center>quote:Originally posted by Blinky

Weskifm Writes,
quote:If she shows them how to ride and they get hurt; they might try and say she never showed them how to do this or that properly. You know this is a litigious society.
Are you recommending that recent buyers should not teach/allow other people to ride their HT's without first taking Segway's "Training Center"?

flashgoirl
12-05-2002, 04:08 AM
While in New Hampshire they gave us some coaching on how to give a "guide ride". I'm ready to test the waters with friends and family first, and then if I feel comfortable and the person asking for a demo seems to be willing to follow my instructions and lead - I'll probably let them get on a try some basic things. I really think it's important that folks have a chance to experience this first hand, but I agree with Weskifm that it will be a careful endeavor to do so.

hodgepoj
12-05-2002, 12:28 PM
I received poster # 1788 this morning. I'm placing my bet on that being the serial number of the machine they will build for me -- nothing to do with order number.

Dr. Paul O. Johnson
Senior Exhibit Developer
The Science Place
Dallas, Texas 75210

wayne
12-05-2002, 01:31 PM
Just got my poster this morning.
Number 1687

ftropea
12-06-2002, 05:04 PM
Thanks to Muckle, a SegwayChat member, for providing this nice clean rendering of the Segway poster:

http://www.segwaychat.com/photos/muckle/Muckpost.jpg

It's in Muckle's photo album.

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

steve1501
12-08-2002, 08:30 PM
I just noticed that an early Segway adopter has placed his/her print for sale on EBAY. I was really bothered by that and wondered if any one else had a reaction to it.

flashgoirl
12-08-2002, 08:41 PM
Mine is going to be framed and hung in our main room in the house! No way would I sell it!

Brooster
12-08-2002, 09:19 PM
LadyBroo placed her order for me on the first day of the sale, 11/18, and we've still not received our print ... hopefully it'll come soon.

Brooster

GlideMaster
12-08-2002, 09:32 PM
Broo! Maybe they want to give it to you in person when you go for your early Christmas gift training.

<center>Have Seg Will Travel

REMEMBER:
and

Segway, The Mind Changer </center>

quote:Originally posted by Brooster

LadyBroo placed her order for me on the first day of the sale, 11/18, and we've still not received our print ... hopefully it'll come soon.

Brooster

Brooster
12-08-2002, 09:41 PM
Yeah ... LOL! :D

Brooster

J10
12-08-2002, 09:57 PM
Havn't received mine either, I guess I'll see you in Manchester Broo!

Ya that's right, I'm back.

Brooster
12-09-2002, 01:24 AM
quote:Originally posted by J10

Havn't received mine either, I guess I'll see you in Manchester Broo!

Ya that's right, I'm back.

That would be a fine thing, J. If only ... [8]

Brooster

Newman
12-09-2002, 02:14 AM
Just checking in . Nice to hear some actual owners and buyers. Appears the excitement level is rising.

Ring, Ring, coming through!

To Infinity and Beyond!

Brooster
12-09-2002, 02:22 AM
Hey there Newmy, yeah, we're all gettin' pretty keyed up. :)

Brooster

tak
12-26-2002, 05:34 PM
I'm poster number 383 here. Does that mean I'm no. 383 to place my order? Do you think I can be in on the first day, March 1 ? I couldn't wait until March 2nd!

jjstafford
12-26-2002, 07:40 PM
Received mine about three weeks ago: #2040