PDA

View Full Version : First Winners Announced

dave27
12-02-2002, 03:36 AM
http://www.segway.com/aboutus/press_releases/pr_112702.html

Winners Will be the First to Bring Home Their Segway HT's for the Holidays

MANCHESTER, N.H., November 27, 2002 - The first-ever consumers to own a Segway™ Human Transporter (HT) visited New Hampshire this weekend for hands-on training and an insider's view at Segway facilities. Ezra Goldman of Naperville, Ill., Michael Osver of Washington D.C. and Norman Sanders of Jacksonville, Fla. will be the first of thirty winners to receive a Segway HT before December 25, 2002.

Winners experienced a special tour of Segway's engineering, prototype and production facilities, and had dinner with inventor Dean Kamen at his dramatic estate, which includes a giant steam engine, secret passageways, a machine shop and a helicopter hanger.

"It was hard to tell who was more excited about this special visit—the winners of the Early Delivery Contest or our own Segway team," said Dean Kamen, Chairman, Segway LLC.

Customers still have plenty of chances to win early delivery of their Segway HT's. After placing their order on Amazon.com (www.amazon.com), purchasers are eligible to enter the Early Delivery Contest by describing in 75 words or less what they like most about the Segway HT.

-dave

emanresu
12-02-2002, 09:04 AM
Yeah., and three days later I'm still waiting for my "contest code". Oh. well.

Casey
12-02-2002, 09:18 AM
quote:Originally posted by emanresu

Yeah., and three days later I'm still waiting for my "contest code". Oh. well.

A couple of other buyers have posted with similar complaints. They contacted Segway by email and their problem was quickly resolved. I think that will solve your problem too. Good luck with your entry.

emanresu
12-02-2002, 10:51 AM
Thanks, and I've done that twice, with no response so far.