PDA

View Full Version : Rental In S-Cal (Review)

edh
07-12-2003, 03:18 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know what a positive experience I had last week renting a Segway from Seaway rentals in Belmont Park, CA (San Diego).

They send an employee with you on a Segway, but they let you go where you want on several courses in the area. Great scenery around the boardwalk and bay park there. Rate was $50 for about 1.5 hrs of gliding. I had a blast!! Be sure to look them up if you are in the area - contact info below.

The only downside is that I will now be spending $5k on my on HT, and I still have this silly grin on my face! :-)
-Ed

Seaway Rentals
Belmont Park
3136 Mission Blvd., Ste. G
Pacific Beach, CA 92109
Phone: 858-488-8410

RU144_2
07-27-2003, 01:49 PM
Hello everyone, I found your site surfing the net. I always wanted a segway and when I found out I could rent one right here in town (San Diego,CA) I ran out of the house as fast as I could. I took my two sons with me Scott 13 and John 14. Craig Lucero the Owner/Manager showed us a short movie then let us ride the HT on the small obsticale course he had set up. Both sons quickly became accustomed to the movement and after approx 5 min. we were off on a bayside 90 min tour with one of his staff. We used the power assist to cross the busy intersection, then glided along the bay, waving at tourist and answering lots of questions. I wish I had HT Brochures with me instead of trying to explain somthing I just wanted to play with. Quickly however I started enjoying talking to people about the Segway as much as I enjoyed gliding on it. I was on the fence about buying one, now it is just a matter of how soon. I wish the SEAWAY RENTAL place could sell them. It is in a great location and it would be nice to have a face to face relationship with the person you are spending so much money with. My kid's and I can not wait to go again and now my brother wants to go. I will write again after the next adventure and look forward to being an owner soon.

BruceWright
07-31-2003, 06:39 PM
That sounds GREAT!!! Glad you enjoyed your rental. We've all bought our Segways online from Amazon or Segway or NEVRland.

All of them are completely trustworthy and offer great service. Though now I'd just deal directly with Segway LLC sales.

Hope to see you gliding about!

-Bruce Wright

Segway: Vehicle of Dream