PDA

View Full Version : Heighth of user

emanresu
11-28-2002, 09:30 AM
It looks like the handle bars "telescope". Do they? Is it comfortable for someone 6ft. 2"?

Casey
11-28-2002, 09:53 AM
Good morning emanresu. You will probably find it pretty slow here this morning what with it being a major holiday.

Weskifm and jgrohol are both very well informed for that type of question. I'm sure one of them will be able to answer that when he logs in. In the meantime, having not ridden one I would say the handle does not telescope but I have heard no complaints about comfort from people of any height.

Brooster
11-28-2002, 10:23 AM
Casey, you're an early morning guy, aren't ya? LOL! Happy Thanksgiving!

The i-Series' shaft does indeed "telescope" and adjust for the rider's height. The Rooster (Sorry Casey, I mean "Roaster") is 6'4-1/2".

It all works out just fine.

Broo

Brooster

Casey
11-28-2002, 10:36 AM
Interesting on the telescoping handle. I learned something new today.

GlideMaster
11-29-2002, 12:14 PM
Hi Emanresu,

No the handlebar does not telescope! But yes the Control Shaft does.

"USER INTERFACE HEIGHT SETTING"

"The height of the Control Shaft and User Interface may be adjusted to suit your height and preference."
"Loosen the Control Shaft Nut by turning it counter-clockwise, until the Control Shaft moves freely up and down."
"Set the Control Shaft at the desired height (typically so that the Steering Grips on the User Interface fall at your belt level) and then turn the Control Shaft Nut until hand tight. Ensure that the Control Shaft does not slide up or down, or twist. Do not over tighten. Do not force the Control Shaft down, as you could damage the internal wires."

<center>AND SO IT IS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF SEG.</center>

<center>REMEMBER:
Responsible Riders Ride Segway
and
Segway Riders Ride Responsibly

Segway, The Mind Changer</center>

quote:Originally posted by emanresu

It looks like the handle bars "telescope". Do they? Is it comfortable for someone 6ft. 2"?

Blinky
11-30-2002, 02:51 PM
From what it sounds like emanresu it does not sound like your going to have an uncomfortable time riding the segway. I know they have a preferred weight limit, I wonder if they have a preferred maximum height limit too.

emanresu
11-30-2002, 04:28 PM
I know one thing- it's going to motivate me to try to keep my weight down. If I keep eating like I have, I won't fit on it when it gets here!!

Blinky
12-01-2002, 04:47 AM
emanresu writes,
quote:I know one thing- it's going to motivate me to try to keep my weight down. If I keep eating like I have, I won't fit on it when it gets here!!
You will most likey 'fit'. The weight limit or preference is about 250pnds(some one said this once). You can be 6ft2in horizontaly, as long as you make the weight limit. The Segway looks pretty rider friendly(physical shape wise).

I am also sure it is not easy being as tall as you are, a lot of weight comes with one's height. I hope you 'fit' as well [:I]