PDA

View Full Version : Segway Announces First Winners

Casey
11-27-2002, 02:04 PM
November 27, 2002 - Segway Press Release - The first-ever consumers to own a Segway™ Human Transporter (HT) visited New Hampshire this weekend for hands-on training and an insider's view at Segway facilities. Ezra Goldman of Naperville, Ill., Michael Osver of Washington D.C. and Norman Sanders of Jacksonville, Fla. will be the first of thirty winners to receive a Segway HT before December 25, 2002. Full Article (http://www.segway.com/aboutus/press_releases/pr_112702.html)

Casey
11-27-2002, 02:07 PM
quote:
Segway Announces First Winners of the Segway™ HT "Early Delivery Contest

Winners Will be the First to Bring Home Their Segway HT's for the Holidays

MANCHESTER, N.H., November 27, 2002 - The first-ever consumers to own a Segway™ Human Transporter (HT) visited New Hampshire this weekend for hands-on training and an insider's view at Segway facilities. Ezra Goldman of Naperville, Ill., Michael Osver of Washington D.C. and Norman Sanders of Jacksonville, Fla. will be the first of thirty winners to receive a Segway HT before December 25, 2002.

Winners experienced a special tour of Segway's engineering, prototype and production facilities, and had dinner with inventor Dean Kamen at his dramatic estate, which includes a giant steam engine, secret passageways, a machine shop and a helicopter hanger.

"It was hard to tell who was more excited about this special visit—the winners of the Early Delivery Contest or our own Segway team," said Dean Kamen, Chairman, Segway LLC.

Customers still have plenty of chances to win early delivery of their Segway HT's. After placing their order on Amazon.com (www.amazon.com), purchasers are eligible to enter the Early Delivery Contest by describing in 75 words or less what they like most about the Segway HT.

Excerpts From the First Winning Entries:

"My father-in-law is the kindest, most generous man I've ever met. He wants nothing, yet he loves to give and see others happy. He is fascinated by the Segway's ingenious design, never dreaming of owning one! November 26 is his birthday—this seems like the perfect gift."
- Marlene Sanders, daughter-in-law of Norman Sanders, Jacksonville, Fla.

"The Segway HT is an extension of body and mind—reacting smoothly to move you elegantly. Maintain an upright balance while controlling ballet-like movements with cues that are invisible, undetectable. Arrive un-winded, exhilarated. It is the 'ascent of man' from invertebrate to primate to biped to Segway!"
- Ezra Goldman, Naperville, Ill.

"My dream... Gliding effortlessly onto the sidewalk, crowded with commuters. Someone calls my name and I turn on a dime to see a neighbor who looks out of breath. He says he's running late for work. I smile. Their way, the old way. My way, Segway."
- Michael Osver, Washington, D.C