PDA

View Full Version : Segway in Weather...

wb3gub
11-26-2002, 03:05 PM
How is Segway effected by rain?

n/a
11-26-2002, 03:58 PM
Welcome, wb3gub. From what I have read, rain is not a problem. We have seen them driven through several inches of water.

GlideMaster
11-26-2002, 05:04 PM
Welcome wb3gub, this is the place. The real Segway site. Well; maybe after Segway.com.

WB3 I've logged about 55 hours on the Seg and I've ridden it in a little rain and through some puddles and no problems as of yet and the same with mud. Now if you mean traction from the tires in rain, that has not been a problem either, but then to I always ride responsibly.

<center>REMEMBER:
Responsible Riders Ride Segway
and
Segway Riders Ride Responsibly

Segway, The Mind Changer</center>

quote:Originally posted by Lawrence

Welcome, wb3gub. From what I have read, rain is not a problem. We have seen them driven through several inches of water.

rhtufts
11-26-2002, 05:16 PM
Rain is not a problem as long as you remember to bring an umbrella and wear a warm coat. Gloves and a hat might be nice if you live most places in the U.S. its only 48 degrees here in Dallas.

Blinky
11-27-2002, 02:52 AM
quote:Gloves and a hat might be nice if you live most places in the U.S. its only 48 degrees here in Dallas.
Speaking of clothes, how many of you 'soon to be' Segway riders will wear leather like people do riding on motorcycles.

You could wear the "SEGWAY-DAVIDSON" leather coat riding your Segway into the sunset. Doesn't that sound good now ;)

I wonder if those ski masks with the velcro strap on the back will be making a comeback.