PDA

View Full Version : Colored Wheels or Buy Krylon(R)

4Seg
11-26-2002, 01:54 AM
I am wondering if we will have the choice of colored wheels when we complete our purchase. Interesting, we didn't even get a choice when we made a deposit on our Segs. Some people I have talked to mentioned they would prefer the Grey over the black. Can beggars be choosers? Personally, I would do a Rams NFL colors or possibly the Blues Hockey theme.

But hey, I would be happy with grey wheels and a big red Christmas bow. :)

Hey Frank, how about "The Great Segway Paint Off"?

How would you paint your Segway?

If we could only be resellers...

Brooster
11-26-2002, 02:36 AM
Silver wheels for the Brooster. That'd make me happy. That and a trip to ... well, never mind ... :)

Brooster

BruceWright
11-26-2002, 02:42 AM
First thing I'd paint would be that ugly day-glow-orange plastic button. That does not go with the rest of this one bit.

I'd make it black or silver.

4Seg
11-26-2002, 03:19 AM
I think a mid-night blue with mother of pearl metallic would be awesome.

Mike
http://www.stlsegway.com
Yahoo: stlsegway

GlideMaster
11-26-2002, 12:13 PM
Hi 4 Seg, I think I would chrome my wheels. I think the tires white strip reflects when hit by light at night or low light conditions. Then I would paint mine an electric green mica that Toyota uses on the new Highlander. I would then accent it with bright gold pin striping on the fender where the smooth surface meets the rough surface. Or, maybe just a glassy glossy black to match my black Land Cruiser. If I make it black it will look like I'm floating from a distance.
But really guys just let me get it FIRST then I can do the customization later.

<center>REMEMBER:
Responsible Riders Ride Segway
and
Segway Riders Ride Responsibly

Segway, The Mind Changer </center>

Brooster
11-26-2002, 04:01 PM
I pretty much want to leave mine just the way it comes out of the box. Painting it would (for me)kinda spoil the "classic" looks of the thing. Of course I do think they'll ultimately be available in different colors and perhaps even different materials. I think a "see through" plastic in bright colors sort of like the Apple computers (the iMac?) would be neat. I'd like an orange one. Perhaps Segway could one day make a licencing agreement with Schwinn to use the "Krate" name. An "Orange Krate" Segway ... now that'd be pretty slick!

Brooster

GlideMaster
11-26-2002, 04:53 PM
See Brooster, I knew deep down inside you had a special color in mind. Along with a little customization.:)[8D]:D

<center>REMEMBER:
and

Segway, The Mind Changer</center>

quote:Originally posted by Brooster

I pretty much want to leave mine just the way it comes out of the box. Painting it would (for me)kinda spoil the "classic" looks of the thing. Of course I do think they'll ultimately be available in different colors and perhaps even different materials. I think a "see through" plastic in bright colors sort of like the Apple computers (the iMac?) would be neat. I'd like an orange one. Perhaps Segway could one day make a licencing agreement with Schwinn to use the "Krate" name. An "Orange Krate" Segway ... now that'd be pretty slick!

Brooster

Brooster
11-26-2002, 07:48 PM
I kinda think that 15, 20 or 30 years from now, the i167 will be quite the collector's item, and will be worth a lot more if it's left in it's original "stock" condition.

Brooster

4Seg
11-26-2002, 09:05 PM
Broo, lol may want to get that plex-glass triangular case too. :-)

jk

Mike

Brooster
11-26-2002, 09:24 PM
quote:Originally posted by 4SegwayAdmin

Broo, lol may want to get that plex-glass triangular case too. :-)

LOL! There ya go! :)

Brooster

JohnG
11-26-2002, 10:17 PM
The wheels are only available in black from Segway. The photos on Amazon.com and the Website at Segway.com are slightly dated ones and don't portray the actual black color of the wheels. The mat is also a much darker gray. Just FYI. And the Segway itself currently only comes in the industrial gray color you see.

Brooster
11-26-2002, 10:29 PM
Thanks JG, I figured that to be the case. Oh well, I can live with black ... won't show the dirt as much that way!

Brooster

4Seg
11-26-2002, 11:06 PM
jgrohol,
Thanks for the update. Brooster's right, I can live with the black as well. Beside, grey and black go with everything. :)

Mike

GlideMaster
11-27-2002, 02:37 AM
Yep guys, the unit I ride has black wheels and a dark gray platform mat. I wonder what would happen if I were to put some type of plush carpeting on the platform for comfort? NOT! Do not try this at home. I am a trained professional. Just kidding, that would probably throw the rider detect sensors off thus displaying a problem with the unit.
Jgro you know I'm in love with the Segway (if you can love an inanimate object)but; industrial gray just ain't my favorite color. Thus the creation of Segway Custom Creations Inc. [8D]:)[8D][^]

<center>REMEMBER:
and

Segway, The Mind Changer</center>

quote:Originally posted by jgrohol

The wheels are only available in black from Segway. The photos on Amazon.com and the Website at Segway.com are slightly dated ones and don't portray the actual black color of the wheels. The mat is also a much darker gray. Just FYI. And the Segway itself currently only comes in the industrial gray color you see.

Brooster
11-27-2002, 06:54 AM
Krylon makes a very nice gray/silver ...

:)

Blinky
11-28-2002, 02:48 AM
How much time to go by before Segway offers different colored Segways on their own. There is nothing better than the original paint. Besides, there may be better alternatives to dress the Segway up other than a paint job.