PDA

View Full Version : Crutches

segaddict
08-13-2016, 08:00 PM
I use forearm crutches. I have an I2, X2, and p133 for airline travel. Does anyone have a nifty solution/invention for carrying the crutches, allowing easy on/off, but secure carrying?

All suggestions welcome!

Thank you.

:confused:

Paulvinet
08-13-2016, 08:53 PM
I use Velcro glued to the crutches and the leansteer

segaddict
08-13-2016, 09:33 PM
Thanks. The crutches are $1,000 carbon fiber with rotating feet and I would prefer not to jack-up their aesthetics if I can help it since Segway use is a bit infrequent, but I will do so if I don't get an alternative.

Appreciate your idea.

BoscoBob
08-14-2016, 03:06 AM
I use cheap aluminum braces that allow for removing the bottom ⅓. The pieces fit nicely into a soft rifle case (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Allen-Cases-48-Rifle-Case/51412842) that I sling over my back. The only drawback is that cars typically swerve FAR around me to avoid getting too close...for some reason.

segaddict
08-14-2016, 11:24 PM
Another innovative reply. Thanks.:)

rwoynaro
08-15-2016, 05:19 AM
I use forearm crutches. I have an I2, X2, and p133 for airline travel. Does anyone have a nifty solution/invention for carrying the crutches, allowing easy on/off, but secure carrying?

All suggestions welcome!

Thank you.

:confused:

I just use Trekking poles (2) as canes and hang them on the leansteer handles with the wrist loops and let them dangle when I glide. Your setup is different, but perhaps the loop idea may be of use to you somehow. Good Luck. !

rotorblades
08-15-2016, 12:12 PM
I use Velcro glued to the crutches and the leansteeri use a black wiretie=strongerto hang my cane on the ls handle before i get on

dudeman1961
08-15-2016, 07:29 PM
I use trekking poles, too, and collapse them and use NiteIze bendable wire ties to attach them to my cargo frame.

rwoynaro
08-16-2016, 05:18 AM
I use trekking poles, too, and collapse them and use NiteIze bendable wire ties to attach them to my cargo frame.

Great idea, I think I will try that out. Better than having them dangle. Thanks.

rotorblades
08-19-2016, 08:03 PM
Great idea, I think I will try that out. Better than having them dangle. Thanks.just be sure your crutches dont hang too low=long i wiretied tightly a longer wire tie on then made a loop in the long wire tie to use like an adjustable wrist strap i started out with weaker thinner ones for breakaway now i use the stronger ones velcrothe two together too

bruneje
08-21-2016, 05:37 PM
I use velcro as a ribbon around the crutches, I do not put any velcro on the crutches. I use one 14 inch velcro with the first 3 inches glued around the CS about 4 ft from the base. On the inside of that 14 inch piece at the very end I glue about 3 inches of the opposite piece of velcro. I stand my crutches on the floor mat of the segway , wrap the velcro around them and use the end to secure the velcro around the crutches, works great and is really easy to undo when you get to your destination. If i am using a cane I do the same except I glue a small piece of velcro on the side of the cs , and glue the opposite side of the velcro on the cane, that way the cane sticks to the side of the cs.

Nelda
11-24-2016, 10:28 AM
I also just use velcro to wrap the crutch around the base of the segway. In 13 years, it's never been a problem.