PDA

View Full Version : Military applications

n/a
11-23-2002, 09:32 AM
quote:He even plugged the Segway's military potential. It can carry a 250-pound soldier and his 75 pounds of equipment, he said.

It is interesting to note that Doerr mentions the military applications of Segways so specifically. I wonder if he also mentioned its other applications in his speech? If not, that may be a hint that this is the niche market he considers most promising.

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/business/4579592.htm

Blinky
11-24-2002, 02:31 PM
Even if an altered version is not used in the military, I could definitely see the stirling engine(one debuted on 60min) be used as a survivor type util. a soldier can use being stranded or something.

I wonder if that engine can also clean water with biological or chemical contamination.

n/a
11-24-2002, 03:39 PM
quote:I wonder if that engine can also clean water with biological or chemical contamination.

In the GMA program he seemed to be almost all encompasing as to what sort of water could be purified.

Blinky
11-24-2002, 07:08 PM
quote:It is interesting to note that Doerr mentions the military applications of Segways so specifically. I wonder if he also mentioned its other applications in his speech? If not, that may be a hint that this is the niche market he considers most promising.
Who knows what the US military has in stock for the future in weapons and transportation. I am sure they have lots that we don't know about. Just like the stealth bomber, who knew besides the few that did that this government were working on and perfecting this craft.

I am sure that some of the technology if not similar to the Segway-HT is not being used or talked about in military applications.