PDA

View Full Version : T3 Motion transportation

JohnM
06-10-2013, 10:57 AM
As usual, we shall see....
We have seen. The T3 has been doing just fine in the security venue for 7 years.

KSagal
06-10-2013, 05:48 PM
We have seen. The T3 has been doing just fine in the security venue for 7 years.

Do you have the sales numbers for T3? How do you know how they compare to the Patroller?

Bob.Kerns
06-10-2013, 05:51 PM

Although, had they hyped themselves the way Segway did at the start, everyone would consider them a spectacular failure.

rickb
06-11-2013, 12:45 AM
A paragraph copied from their website:

T3 Motion’s initial focus on law enforcement facilitated its expansion into additional professional markets, particularly private security, military, and government. There are over 3,000 T3 Motion vehicles in operation, spanning nearly 30 countries worldwide and logging over 20,000,000 miles. These vehicles are currently used by the Pentagon, U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), police

KSagal
06-11-2013, 07:36 AM

T3 Motion’s initial focus on law enforcement facilitated its expansion into additional professional markets, particularly private security, military, and government. There are over 3,000 T3 Motion vehicles in operation, spanning nearly 30 countries worldwide and logging over 20,000,000 miles. These vehicles are currently used by the Pentagon, U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), police

I dunno. 3,000 machines does not seem like a lot to me. JohnM says they have done just fine in security for the past 7 years, but I wonder if those numbers of segway patrollers would impress him as just fine also.

Seems there are frequently double standards as to what qualifies as good performance for some machines, and those standards are not the same for others.

I would have guessed at far more than 3000 T3s on the market. I just do not know how many are there, which is why I asked.

rickb
06-11-2013, 09:05 AM
3000 machines doesn't seem like a huge market. I wonder how that compares to Segway Patroller Models.......or the total number of Segways sold in that same time frame.

JW Hunter
06-11-2013, 12:14 PM
Although, had they hyped themselves the way Segway did at the start, everyone would consider them a spectacular failure.

Well they must have done well enough for the new owners of Segway to hire their former CEO as their new CEO.

Bob.Kerns
06-11-2013, 01:41 PM

This doesn't seem like very successful market penetration to me. (They might be successful financially though.)

The one T3 I have ever seen, was shortly after they came out; a loaner that our local police used in a parade. Not "used to patrol a parade", but used in a parade. They returned it.

They DID get a two-wheeled electric scooter, more like a stand-up bike. It's lighter and cheaper than a Segway or a T3. I'm not sure what advantage a Segway might offer them in our local environment, but I think either is a better choice locally than the T3 -- or Segway's new model.

Tritium
08-19-2013, 12:22 AM
I would like a T3!
When they are half the price of the Segway...

KSagal
08-19-2013, 10:07 AM
I would like a T3!
When they are half the price of the Segway...

There are lots of things half the price of a segway and less, and I don't want them either. I gave up trikes a while back.

Rolacoy
08-19-2013, 01:07 PM
HO Hum, There is nothing COOl about them. One of the reasons I bought Segways was the were cool. There was nothing like them nor is there now. There are lots of personal transportation that you can buy, but nothing like a Segway.