PDA

View Full Version : Amazon review

n/a
11-19-2002, 09:01 PM
quote:Conclusion
We're convinced that anyone who tries a Segway HT will be smiling in minutes. The other advantage is that early purchasers will certainly be the first on their blocks to have one. But for how long? We think we'll all be seeing much more of the Segway HT in the future. --Erik Hammen

Pros:

Very high build quality
Environmentally friendly, extremely energy efficient
Requires little storage space
Newness factor--you've never ridden anything like this before
Fun to ride, and looks cool
Cons:

Purchase price may be prohibitive for many potential users, though the cost is partially offset long term by nominal upkeep
Laws regarding legal riding areas (sidewalk versus street) vary from state to state
Minor inconvenience: rubber plug-in protectors on the machines seemed a bit loose, flopping around a bit on the more rigorously used machines, inconsistent with generally excellent build standards
Accessories, like carrying bags and lights, will not be available until spring 2003

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007EPJ6//102-9140038-7333703?v=glance&s=electronics&vi=reviews#amzn-reviews

I am surprised that the reviewer could not find more advantages to owning a Segway. How about a reveiw of the review?

Blinky
11-20-2002, 10:10 AM
Lawrence writes,
quote:I am surprised that the reviewer could not find more advantages to owning a Segway. How about a reveiw of the review?
Yes, but maybe Segway has got a marketing plan that they plan on using for sending out that message. They seemed to give us a more basic idea of what your getting with the machine(not like we didn't know already ;), maybe for those who don't know). I will imagine they will use the usefulness of the Segway in their Ad's.

n/a
11-20-2002, 02:57 PM
quote:Pros:

Very high build quality
Environmentally friendly, extremely energy efficient
Requires little storage space
Newness factor--you've never ridden anything like this before
Fun to ride, and looks cool

Fun to ride seems like an understatement. Most people cant wipe the grin off of their faces from what I have read.

Why dont they mention:
- how easy Segway is to learn?
- how safe it is to ride?
- how much money can be saved by replacing the car for short trips?