PDA

View Full Version : X2 won't start except when plugged in

mroberts
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Hi,
this may be referenced elsewhere but I couldn't see it.
Having left a couple of X2's without using them for a few weeks, they would not start up, the info keys would start to fire up and then go back to clock. The batteries were charged up with no effect. If the segways were plugeed into the charging cables then they would start up immediately (and then do the judder until the cable was unplugged). If they were switched off, then they would not start up unless plugged in. If left powered up in balance mode for an hour or so then they could be started again without plugging into mains, but the problem was back the next day when they would not start up unless plugged into the mains.
Help, please!

thanks, Martyn

jgbackes
01-21-2013, 06:46 PM
This is a known problem with early production units. You can either replace the radio board, or live with having to plug them in to start them.

The temperature of the board is what is causing the problem, keeping your Segways warm will normally fix the problem.

Toto
05-21-2013, 12:37 AM
This is a known problem with early production units. You can either replace the radio board, or live with having to plug them in to start them.

The temperature of the board is what is causing the problem, keeping your Segways warm will normally fix the problem.

Yes, I can confirm that.
I've encountered this several times with a rented Segway i2 (manufactured week #04/2007) this winter with temperatures just above 0°C.
Connecting power let it start without problem.
So I parked the Segway in the house instead of the carport and had no more start problems.
On trips I always have a power cable with me.