PDA

View Full Version : Not releasing numbers...

n/a
11-19-2002, 01:54 PM
quote:Both Mr. Kamen and Mr. Bezos said they would not be releasing sales numbers. "There's no reason to share that information," Mr. Bezos said.

http://rtnews.globetechnology.com/servlet/ArticleNews/tech/RTGAM/20021119/gth/Technology/techBN/

I would think that if the numbers looked impressive, there would be reason to release them since the general impression of the public is that they have not sold very many.

Can anybody think of some good reasons why Segway would want to withhold high sales figures?

ftropea
11-19-2002, 02:04 PM
Well, since they don't have any "public" obligations to public investors (they're a privately owned company).. they can keep that info to themselves, sharing it with the private investors.

Although, if they do really well.. they might hint at the numbers. I think that would be good for PR value, plus the press would write up some more positive articles.

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

Blinky
11-20-2002, 10:13 AM
I am sure we will hear leaks of what and how they are doing in the future. It would be ideal for us followers to know what they are doing, but that most likely won't happen. The only way they will release those numbers is if it will benefit them in some way.