PDA

View Full Version : Where will you Segway today?

ftropea
11-18-2002, 11:38 PM
Question to future Segway owners:

Where are you planning to travel on your Segways? Local market? Commuting to work? Visiting relatives?

Share your destinations in this thread! :)

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

GlideMaster
11-19-2002, 07:11 PM
Well Frank, when I get my own personal Segway the first place I'd like to ride it would be IN and around Kamen Castle, located in New Hampshire. I'd also like to try it in snow at an easy pace. Nothing crazy, I guess it's just the skier in me.

I've already riden it in a hotel, hotel cafeteria, large parking garage, aquarium, elevator and in plenty of sand, grass, gravel, mud, water, hallways, streets and I almost forgot; Sidewalks.

<center>REMEMBER:
Responsible Riders Ride Segway
and
Segway Riders Ride Responsibly
Segway, The Mind Changer</center>

Cube128
11-19-2002, 07:35 PM
I'm lucky. I live in a very central location, and just about everywhere I need to be is within 2-4 miles. So, basicly, anywhere!

n/a
11-19-2002, 08:39 PM
I would probably do a lot of Segwaying to my local shoppingmall. I would maybe Segway to work in the summer.

I would also probably Segway to my local gym.[:I]

JohnG
11-19-2002, 08:57 PM
I'm a current Segway owner :-) and I ride around the neighborhood, down into my downtown area (which is just far enough to be too much of a walk most of the time and overkill to bring a car), as well as around the office campus.

BBBix
11-20-2002, 12:54 AM
How dod you get a Segway so soon?

Bill B.

GlideMaster
11-20-2002, 01:17 AM
If we tell you we'll have to ---- you.
;););););)

<center>REMEMBER:
and

quote:Originally posted by BBBix

How dod you get a Segway so soon?

Bill B.

GlideMaster
11-20-2002, 01:26 AM
quote:Originally posted by jgrohol

I'm a current Segway owner :-) and I ride around the neighborhood, down into my downtown area (which is just far enough to be too much of a walk most of the time and overkill to bring a car), as well as around the office campus.

No kidding!

Tell me Jgrohol since I've already had the training by Segway would I have to take it again when my order comes up for shipment? If I win the contest I'll be glad to take it again. I really want to take the 3Ts (Train the Trainer) program. Well I don't have the 3Ts but I do have the 3Rs.

<center>REMEMBER:
and

4Seg
11-20-2002, 03:24 AM
If I am lucky enough to obtain the training, I would certainly like to help here in the St. Louis area. Living downtown is a BIG plus. One can only hope, huh?

(yahoo messenger: stlsegway)

If we could only be resellers...

GlideMaster
11-20-2002, 10:03 AM
Hi jgrohol,
I'm a little miffed with myself because I never noticed that you had a HomePage Link icon at the top of your postings going to the Place. My powers of observation must be failing me.
Oh! I almost forgot, I would like to ride my Segway around the ski slope areas after a day of skiing.

<center>REMEMBER:
and

quote:Originally posted by jgrohol

JohnM
11-20-2002, 10:35 AM
quote:Originally posted by weskifm

Well Frank, when I get my own personal Segway the first place I'd like to ride it would be IN and around Kamen Castle, located in New Hampshire. I'd also like to try it in snow at an easy pace. Nothing crazy, I guess it's just the skier in me.

Thinking of snow (which Manchester has had on the ground since Monday): Does anyone know how much extra it would cost to have a pair of snow tires thrown into the deal? Do the Chicago test Segways have snow tires, weskifm?

And weskifm, you don't really think DK is going to turn 30 Segway trainees loose in his home, do you?

Runnin' with the Big Dogs

GlideMaster
11-20-2002, 10:48 AM
I thought we got a tour if we won. No JohnM, the Chicago Segways don't have snow tires. Yet. When it snowed the other day I should have gone for a ride to see how it would handle.

<center>REMEMBER:
and

quote:Originally posted by JohnM

Thinking of snow (which Manchester has had on the ground since Monday): Does anyone know how much extra it would cost to have a pair of snow tires thrown into the deal? Do the Chicago test Segways have snow tires, weskifm?

And weskifm, you don't really think DK is going to turn 30 Segway trainees loose in his home, do you?

JohnM
11-20-2002, 11:38 AM

I thought we got a tour if we won. No JohnM, the Chicago Segways don't have snow tires. Yet. When it snowed the other day I should have gone for a ride to see how it would handle.

A tour and catered dinner at his home on Strawberry Hill, but I'll bet DK will be the only person riding a Segway. Plus "exclusive gifts to commemorate your stay".
Good luck in the essay contest.

JohnG
11-20-2002, 12:41 PM
weskifm, I think that because you've had certified training already, you wouldn't have to take it again. But I don't work in that area, so I couldn't say for sure... Call customer operations and they'll be able to tell you for sure.

GlideMaster
11-20-2002, 01:33 PM
Jgrohol, thanks for the information. I'll give them a call soon. Now if I can just get lucky and win this contest. The Segway would sure look good under my Christmas Tree with a few lights on it and a few Christmas ornaments. Plus I could ride it over to the Museum of Science and Industry, not far from my house here in Chicago.

<center>REMEMBER:
and

Casey
11-20-2002, 02:05 PM
weskifm,

Do the stores and museums etc allow your Segway indoors in Chicago, or do you have to secure it outside?

GlideMaster
11-20-2002, 03:45 PM
It's hard to say. I've been in an aqarium, hotel, parking garage and cafeteria. I'm sure some places will and some will not allow the Segway inside.

<center>REMEMBER:
and

quote:Originally posted by Casey

weskifm,

Do the stores and museums etc allow your Segway indoors in Chicago, or do you have to secure it outside?

Brooster
11-24-2002, 05:59 AM
What's really cool about this, is that we ... Weskifm, Lady Broo and myself ... will find out what works and what doesn't work here in Chicago. It'll be a gradual process, measuring public reaction and seeing how it "fits in." I think we'll be good "ambassadors" for this new mode of transportation. It'll be a "head-turner" everywhere we go, but we're prepared for that. We see it as an opportunity.

Here's what I think will be really cool: Exploring the neighborhoods of Chicago. Going places where I wouldn't go in a car, and places that would ordinarily be too far to walk. I think it'll be a wonderful introduction to the world in my "back yard."

Here's something else I'm excited about: Putting the HT in the back of the car and taking it out of the city. Exploring small towns and talking to the people ... getting to know people, and seeing their reactions to it. I have family in farm country, where people still wave at each other in passing cars. I'm eager to let them try it, and see what they think about its applications ... around farms, feed mills, etc.

I think it'll be really cool to have the Segway in the back of the car when I go to State Parks. I might go five miles up a hiking trail (and back) that I might not otherwise have explored. I might slip in quietly and unobtrusively to a good fishing spot. Ya never know.

When I stay at a Best Western or a Day's Inn for the night, I'll just plug it in. If I'm at a campsite, I'll plug it in there, or use my portable generator.

What's cool about the Segway is the options it makes available. Especially the i-Series ... it's the one we want!

Brooster

GlideMaster
11-24-2002, 02:30 PM
Hey Brooster,
It seems that we both want to take our Segways out of town on short little trips. Like I said in a previous posting, I'd like to win the contest and while I'm out in NH stop at one of the ski areas and ski, and at the end of the day I would Segway around town because I would be to tired to walk after a hard day of skiing. Plus I've never skied out east. It would be very interesting to talk to skiers about the comparison of riding a Segway and skiing and how the techniques are very similar. Oh one thing Brooster, make sure you have a converter or charger for your car so that the Segway can charge while you're driving. I've seen it done and it does work. Most chargers like that can plug into the cigarette lighter. I know my Land Cruiser has about five even one in the rear loading area.

I think one of the greatest things about riding a Segway is just answering the multitude of questions people ask. I really feel that out of my 55 hours of riding, I've spent maybe a total of 5 hours answering questions and showing people how to ride. Boy, if you could just see the looks of disbelief on some of their faces when they found out how easy it was for them to balance, contrary to the response most of the time "I could never do that." That's why I say in my slogan "Segway, The Mind Changer."

Brooster I would like to ride mine in Brookfield Zoo and Lincoln Park Zoo and also around Old Town and the Rush Street area.

Most of all I'm really looking forward to meeting all of the Segwaychat.com site members at the first Segway ralley. Those who have them and those that don't. They can always try mine out. I thing Segway is letting them out just in time for: 2003 The FIRST Segway Rally. You notice how I put that FIRST in there.

<center>REMEMBER:
and

quote:Originally posted by Brooster

What's really cool about this, is that we ... Weskifm, Lady Broo and myself ... will find out what works and what doesn't work here in Chicago. It'll be a gradual process, measuring public reaction and seeing how it "fits in." I think we'll be good "ambassadors" for this new mode of transportation. It'll be a "head-turner" everywhere we go, but we're prepared for that. We see it as an opportunity.

Here's what I think will be really cool: Exploring the neighborhoods of Chicago. Going places where I wouldn't go in a car, and places that would ordinarily be too far to walk. I think it'll be a wonderful introduction to the world in my "back yard."

Here's something else I'm excited about: Putting the HT in the back of the car and taking it out of the city. Exploring small towns and talking to the people ... getting to know people, and seeing their reactions to it. I have family in farm country, where people still wave at each other in passing cars. I'm eager to let them try it, and see what they think about its applications ... around farms, feed mills, etc.

I think it'll be really cool to have the Segway in the back of the car when I go to State Parks. I might go five miles up a hiking trail (and back) that I might not otherwise have explored. I might slip in quietly and unobtrusively to a good fishing spot. Ya never know.

When I stay at a Best Western or a Day's Inn for the night, I'll just plug it in. If I'm at a campsite, I'll plug it in there, or use my portable generator.

What's cool about the Segway is the options it makes available. Especially the i-Series ... it's the one we want!

Brooster