PDA

View Full Version : 6 pages on Google: Segway goes on sale

n/a
11-18-2002, 07:53 PM
I just did a Google news search. There almost 6 pages of it. That is more than 50 news articles! It will take some time to sift through them all. It should be interesting to try to summerize the reactions and to see if anybody has anything new or original to add.

n/a
11-18-2002, 08:01 PM
quote:Also helping the sector, Amazon.com advanced 21 cents to $22.42 on Nasdaq after reaching as high as $23.74 earlier in the session. Chairman and Chief Executive Jeff Bezos told CNBC he is "guardedly optimistic" about Christmas sales this season. Separately, the company announced it will sell the Segway human transporter, a self-balancing, scooter-like device.

http://www.quicken.com/investments/news_center/story/?story=NewsStory/dowJones/20021118/ON200211181733000807.var&column=P0DST

Blinky
11-18-2002, 08:03 PM
Yeah, I did a similar search earlier today, I can not believe how much everyone wants a piece of Segway [:p]

n/a
11-18-2002, 08:04 PM
quote:It's inventor says 75-thousand people had contacted his company over the past year about buying one. Amazon says it has heard from about 100-thousand potential customers.

http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=1017153

Blinky
11-18-2002, 08:06 PM
quote: quote:Also helping the sector, Amazon.com advanced 21 cents to $22.42 on Nasdaq after reaching as high as $23.74 earlier in the session. Chairman and Chief Executive Jeff Bezos told CNBC he is "guardedly optimistic" about Christmas sales this season. Separately, the company announced it will sell the Segway human transporter, a self-balancing, scooter-like device.
http://www.quicken.com/investments/news_center/story/?story=NewsStory/dowJones/20021118/ON200211181733000807.var&column=P0DST
Nothing like a little media attention for Amazon to help their cause. How long do you think the relationship between Segway LLC and Amazon will last. I am sure Segway LLC will eventually(not in the near future, but sometime) open up their own little Segway stores(locations).

Or maybe even do both at the same time.

n/a
11-18-2002, 08:36 PM
There are a lot of new articles about Segway as an "electric scooter." Not good.

n/a
11-18-2002, 08:40 PM
quote:I am sure Segway LLC will eventually(not in the near future, but sometime) open up their own little Segway stores(locations).

I dont now about that. I think they are still experimenting to see how Amazon does with sales.

Blinky
11-18-2002, 09:58 PM
Lawrence writes,
quote:There are a lot of new articles about Segway as an "electric scooter." Not good.
Yes, not good and not bad at the same time. I am sure Segway has made it clear that the Segway HT is not a scooter. I wonder if the press are using this term as a way to simplify things for the public.

At the same time, I really doubt if Segway is very concerned with the fact that they are using the term 'scooter'. They are getting the press they wanted(expected) and I am sure they would be forgiving when things fold out for them.

BTW: The Segway news links are still rolling, its mad!