PDA

View Full Version : Problem with PDA

trevor
05-26-2003, 04:01 PM
Frank,
Up until about two weeks ago, I was able to access the forums using my T.Mobile Sidekick wireless PDA but now it just seems to time out when jumping to any of the forums. I can access the home page but none of the individual forums. Have you changed the forums recently, maybe to use Javascript? The sidekick does not support Javascript and so this would explain the problem.
-trevor

opti6600
05-26-2003, 05:30 PM
*shakes head*

The Sidekick isn't a PDA, it's a bloody pager with an ego problem. I don't know what the problem could be exactly, but Frank's server has been just beaten to death by SC-L! lately, so that might be it.

What I could definitely recommend though, is to go ahead and reset the Sidekick to factory default settings. You might have fiddled with something that's better left alone without really noticing.

ftropea
05-26-2003, 09:04 PM
No major changes to the site via the way of software upgrades...

The menu is java based, but it has always been like that.

I'll take a look see.. Also, I'm going to finish up working on the "mobile" version of SegwayChat. It'll be stripped down (no graphics really) and should load a lot faster on those mobile devices.. plus be more compatible.

Beta: www.segwaychat.com/mobile.asp

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

[/sc] Admin - "Keep your wheels on the ground!" - Contact Me (segwaychat@segwaychat.com)

opti6600
05-26-2003, 10:50 PM
Nice job with SC-Mobile...reminds me a bit of wavelengths Mobile when we launched. It's definitely designed for the PPC, woohoo!