PDA

View Full Version : -MAJOR- SegwayChat Live! Glitch

opti6600
05-26-2003, 12:45 AM
Frank-

SegwayChat Live! has this nasty tendency to use absolutely massive ranges of TCP ports. wavelengths has been having major problems with our connectivity, and I just discovered that it's the SegwayChat Live! app cluttering up the NAT tables on my router!

You really need to look into this. It's probably what's causing this godforsaken lag that we're all encountering.

ftropea
05-26-2003, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I think it needs to be reset every so often on my end..

Hey, I wonder why my host never complained about it! It does generate lots of traffic.. Hmm, maybe it's time to look for another solution!

*sigh* hehe..

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

[/sc] Admin - "Keep your wheels on the ground!" - Contact Me (segwaychat@segwaychat.com)

opti6600
05-26-2003, 04:18 PM
Hmm...there has to be an easy solution to this. Did you buy the source, and if so, let's just get pt to take a poke at it when he gets the chance. What's the server side look like?

ftropea
05-26-2003, 09:06 PM
Well, don't have the source code yet.. but I might get it soon (I don't want to give up on the current version just yet either.. I kinda like it!)

Hey, try this to solve that problem where the chat freezes:

- Click Tools..

- Internet Options..

- Settings..

- Change to Check for New Version - "Every Visit to Page"

That might do it...

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

[/sc] Admin - "Keep your wheels on the ground!" - Contact Me (segwaychat@segwaychat.com)

opti6600
05-27-2003, 07:12 PM
Frank...this isn't a problem with the IE caching scheme man. It's a matter of the Flash chat opening up over a hundred HTTP connections to SegwayChat's server. Usually it will connect either every other connection, sometimes it will do every single one. It almost always starts in the 2700s from my NAT box end. I'm going to poke at my Cisco with a stick when I get a chance, see if I can't force a port translation to a certain path, but who knows.

If anybody else has this problem, pipe up.