PDA

View Full Version : What is Dean Kamen's worth? $$$$$

Blinky
11-13-2002, 09:54 PM
Just curious, I know Kamens worth is not exactly known. Do you guys think he ranks up there in the top ten USA list of rich people?

Also, feel free to predict what his worth is, we can look back at this one day and see who was most right when they come out with an official number :)

momentone
11-13-2002, 11:23 PM
Top Ten? No shot at that.

Gates, Buffet, the WalMart family. Kamen is no where near a billionaire. In fact I doubt if he is worth $100 million. If he was worth substantially more than that he would have never sought funding for his projects, especially since he hates the business side of things.

No, I would say $30-50 mil. is a good guess. Enough not to worry and to own your own jet. Not so much that you can fund 3 companies at once by yourself.

Run of the mill rich guy. Doer has more for sure. As does Bezos.

adios

GlideMaster
11-14-2002, 09:29 AM
If I were Kamen I would not use my own money. I was taught the old adage of OPM - (use Other Peoples Money) especially if you're a Corp.

quote:Originally posted by momentone

Top Ten? No shot at that.

Gates, Buffet, the WalMart family. Kamen is no where near a billionaire. In fact I doubt if he is worth $100 million. If he was worth substantially more than that he would have never sought funding for his projects, especially since he hates the business side of things.

No, I would say $30-50 mil. is a good guess. Enough not to worry and to own your own jet. Not so much that you can fund 3 companies at once by yourself.

Run of the mill rich guy. Doer has more for sure. As does Bezos.

adios