PDA

View Full Version : DapperDonn

DapperDonn
06-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Hi Everyone
Altho' I joined last year I guess I have been too busy gliding. Here in BC Segways are not too common, mostly because they have some ridiculous laws. I purchased my X2 last July[2010] and have enjoyed it immensely!
We have many dykes, trails, and parks and I have put on over 450 miles in this last year. Batteries: Not that I need them now but I heard they were quite expensive and was wondering how long they should last [so I can start budgeting for this event] or will it be forever??!
I haven't had any luck with those stick stands in the front, they bend and break so easily, just a light metal or aluminium not worth the cost and being a white metal, I don't think they can be welded.
Happy Gliding

Rolacoy
06-25-2011, 12:28 AM
Segways are great fun, but I don't understand how they can design such a great product and can't come up with a way to park them. All of the stands that Segway has sold are junk. The old ones bend and the new ones break. I know they fail to avoid the stand causing a crash.

Here is what I made, it works pretty good.

http://gallery.me.com/Rolacoy#100464&bgcolor=black&view=grid

I don't know much about the batteries, but there is a lot of information on this website about batteries.

Bob.Kerns
06-25-2011, 02:57 AM
If you keep your batteries charged -- well, mine have 4100 miles in 3 years, and still give me pretty good range, but not at 100%. 95% of my trips it doesn't even come close to mattering, but because I do some longer trips, I'm thinking about possibly replacing them at some point. My office is about 11 miles from home, with some steep hills, and I get to my office with about a 3/8 charge left.

They're roughly $1000 each.

If you are ever careless about recharging, you may have to replace them sooner, or may have to pay to have them revived, and have to replace them sooner.

You could also be unlucky