PDA

View Full Version : Hello, Long Time Reader, first time with a question

Ernst_S_Blofeld
10-24-2010, 02:31 AM
Hello,

I've enjoyed reading the forums for a while now, and figured maybe it's time I posted as well.

I've got a problem I can't seem to find an answer too.

I have a couple of i2's, and one of them acts like its stuck in turtle mode, even though it isn't. If anything its like super turtle mode.

Its keeps my speeds very slow, it raises back, and it doesn't show any error message or fault. I can click turtle on and off, and even lock it in turtle and unlock it and nothing seems to fix it.

I've tried running the batteries all the way down and then charging them for 12 hours, I've been all over the forums, and I can't seem to find this problem documented anywhere else.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this before? or maybe read a post and could point me in the right direction?

Any help would be appreciated.

Civicsman
10-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Hello Ernst,

So you've been hiding in Utah all these years? How's the cat?

You could try swapping the batteries from one Seg to the other. If the problem follows the batteries, then you're on the track of something. This may not show anything, but it's worth trying.

You could also try replacing the battery in the Infokey, and/or using your backup Infokey on the balky unit.

Others will likely have some more innovative things to check.

GlideGuy
10-24-2010, 11:49 PM
I have a couple of i2's, and one of them acts like its stuck in turtle mode, even though it isn't. If anything its like super turtle mode.

Its keeps my speeds very slow, it raises back, and it doesn't show any error message or fault. I can click turtle on and off, and even lock it in turtle and unlock it and nothing seems to fix it.

Review this document and check to see if your slow one has a custom speed limiter programmed:
http://www.segway.com/downloads/pdfs/RiderCustomizationSettings.pdf

KSagal
10-26-2010, 10:10 PM
I agree, first impression is that the maximum speed is set too low.

<O:p</O:pThe turtle is one speed, and the non-turtle is another, according to the infokey, but the maximum speed is settable, regardless of that. It is possible to set the max speed slower than turtle mode, and if done, the result will be similar to what you described.

<O:p</O:pAnother thing that you may consider is to check the tire inflation. If too low, they may cause a reduction in performance. Usually this is accompanied by an unhappy face or even an exclamation mark in the center of the display, but no code.

<O:p</O:pMy i2 is too old to have programmable info key speeds, so I am working from 3<SUP>rd</SUP> party knowledge there.<O:p</O:p

team222badbrad
10-26-2010, 10:35 PM
What K said!

Also the key might not display an error, but does it display the feet icon, frown face, sad face, etc. ?

Ernst_S_Blofeld
10-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Everyone, thank you for the suggestions.

I tried going through the InfoKey after work tonight and sure enough, it was locked to 4mph.

It's amazing what an 8mph difference makes :)

I appreciate the help, I can't tell you how many things I tried, how many hours I spent online trying to find the answer.

I got up the courage to post and you guys didn't disappoint.