PDA

View Full Version : Added photo album feature

segwaychatadmin
09-03-2002, 03:35 AM
Update..

I've added a photo album feature to this site. I can give everyone their own photo album to post Segway-HT related pics of interest. However, I'm still beta testing it and working out the mechanics so it's not available for you to post to. You can browse it for now. Let me know if you experience any troubles with it.

Thanks,

Frank

n/a
09-03-2002, 06:07 PM
Another nice feature! Thanks Frank.

ftropea
09-04-2002, 12:59 AM
It seems to be working...

I'm ready to expand testing to the moderators of the forum. Post Segway-HT related (humor too!) pics and let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks,

Frank

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea
----------------------------------
Ginger : Robotics :: PC : Computers

Newman
09-09-2002, 11:51 AM
Nice pix Frank. And I really liked Casey's patent drawings. Do you think any of those will make it to the light of day?

To Infinity and Beyond!

Brooster
09-10-2002, 03:30 PM
I like the idea of the photo album feature. Frank's photos from the reveal are still some of the very best around. Pappy had posted my pictures from the Chicago show on the DC, but they're no longer there. Frank, if you like, I'd be happy to e-mail you a few of the better ones, and you can post 'em up here.

majic
09-11-2002, 06:46 AM
Don't know if anybody ever saw Jeff Bezos on a Segway but I found this via the ChiefDelphi forums. HONK HONK!

http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/unofficalsegwayht/images/UploadedPics/JeffDeanandVP.jpg

edit: don't know why but I had to copy / paste that into the address bar to get it to work.

Casey
09-11-2002, 07:56 AM
I hadn't seen that either Majic. It is way too large to upload, so I will downsize it and add it to the "Casey-Main" Photo album.

muckle
09-11-2002, 11:27 AM
Hey, how come I can't see anything on the photo albums pages? HELP!

Casey
09-11-2002, 11:47 AM
Muckle,

I just opened the Photo Album and it worked fine. Are you getting in but just seeing no pictures? Or not getting in at all?

Only Frank Tropea has access to controlling those, so I have no way of checking anything. Frank is very busy today with 9-11.

Casey
09-11-2002, 11:48 AM
Are you able to open jpegs on your hard disk?

muckle
09-11-2002, 03:37 PM
Casey,

I get in OK - but can't see anything on the pages. It says "You do not have an album page" or something.

I can open jpegs fine.

what's up?

muckle
09-11-2002, 03:41 PM
Wait - I got it! I didn't see the blue chapter heads in the horizontal black bar the first few times.

Frank, you might want to make the text a lighter color.

Casey
09-11-2002, 03:50 PM
I don't have any horizontal black bar. All the writing is on a very light colored background with an "SC" design covering the entire page.

Seg-wager
09-12-2002, 09:50 AM
I had to copy and paste too, but cool pic majic, thanks. I hadn't seen this one before. (Angelfire doesn't allow links directly to pics).

majic
09-13-2002, 09:35 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/unofficalsegwayht/images/UploadedPics/AtTheOfficeSmall.jpg

Here's another entitled 'At the office'. Lots of Segways in the background. Can anyone see any other prototypes here?
What's that orange looking thing over the guy's left shoulder (bottom right of pic)? Is that mini-me's segway or a Segway with a saddle instead of handlebars? And what's the thing sitting astride the office dividers behind the monitor?

Casey
09-13-2002, 09:46 AM
Keep digging them up. That one is huge. I'll downsize it and see if it is too small to use after that.

Edit: It actually gets better as it is downsized. Looses the out of focus from being blown up so big. I had to go slightly smaller than I wanted to in order to get below the 120KB size limit for uploading.

charmed
09-13-2002, 09:49 AM
Great pic, Magic.

The thing astride the cubicle dividers is, me thinks, a Stirling? Possibly a steam or compressed air engine. Very intriguing.

The scooter-like thing on the right looks like a 'chappy' type electric scooter, at first blush, but who knows?

Thanks for posting it.

majic
09-13-2002, 09:57 AM
quote:Originally posted by charmed

The thing astride the cubicle dividers is, me thinks, a Stirling? Possibly a steam or compressed air engine. Very intriguing.

Thats what I was thinking, maybe. Although it looks very different to the one pictured at the Deka site, if it is.

majic
09-13-2002, 10:00 AM
Hey, Casey, where did you get that Russian Segway's pic? Is there a thread about that somewhere that I've missed, considering I've been away for two weeks?

Casey
09-13-2002, 10:09 AM
quote:Originally posted by majic

Hey, Casey, where did you get that Russian Segway's pic? Is there a thread about that somewhere that I've missed, considering I've been away for two weeks?

I labeled it Russian because it came from a Russian site. But someone said they have seen it before. There is a URL on here somewhere, It doesn't have any text though, just that picture.

I'll see if I can find the link.

Casey
09-13-2002, 10:11 AM
I think that is a small stirling sitting on the corner of the dividers.

Casey
09-13-2002, 10:21 AM
Here's the link Majic.

http://www.membrana.ru/images/articles/1016578263.jpeg

In the thread: "GTI Productivity Gains Using Segway -Press Release"

baantjer
09-13-2002, 03:38 PM
and the article is at http://www.membrana.ru/articles/technic/2002/03/19/235500.html