PDA

View Full Version : Seg-On (www.kcaps.com) F Carrier,Price

wayne
04-26-2003, 05:14 PM
F Carrier with Powder Coat Added:

http://www.kcaps.com/front_carrier_e.jpg

F Carrier needs two BC Carriers to mount F Carrier.

$185.00 For F Carrier (only comes powder coated)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

before powder coat finish:
http;//www.kcaps.com/fw3_carrier.jpg

http://www.kcaps.com/fw4_carrier.jpg

It attaches to the control shaft and to the BC Carriers with one bolt in each side. (May use wing-nuts later)

There is a optional front wheel that can be installed if you are in the delivery business and have to get off and on a lot and don't want to use the kickstand.

With the F Carrier in place you can still use the BC Carriers and velcro strap to carry a briefcase or etc.

The carrier will carry 20 lbs. on the front but using the sides you can carry more. I have had 60 lbs on it. The pictures shows 40 lbs of Coke.

Uses:

Delivery of food.
Delivery of merchandise.
Carry books, papers and etc.

For the few of those that would like a Segway but can't use one because they may have to take a small bottle of oxygen with them, well get out the Visa and order your Segway today because now you don't have to be left behind.

Seg-On

www.kcaps.com/segway.html

larryKay
04-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Looks good!

Larry

GlideMaster
04-29-2003, 11:42 AM
Wayne, speaking of the mother of invention, you are the father of invention: after Dean of course. Looks like a great idea. Hope it works well for you.

<center>The GlideMaster</center>

GadgetmanKen
04-29-2003, 12:37 PM
Wayne, I like it. Great idea. Wasn't expecting that. Now, just wish I had a Segway to put it on.:( Does that front wheel retract or anything? It does appear that it does what you intended on, keeping it upright with all that extra weight. Who knows it may also help prevent tip overs in case your HT powers off on a bump or slip. The carrier added on gives it the look of a street vendor cart. Sorta. Know what I mean? Which is cool. Maybe you could enclose it around the carrier and make coolers with ice and sell cold drinks at parks, parades, fairs or something like that. Or put syrup dispensers and a small CO2 tank and ice and cups and sell fountain drinks with it. Man, my mind is going overload now...:)

Not to mention if you had some extra straps all around it, people could go to the grogery, or shopping and have someplace to hold their bags. But don't leave it parked with your bags on it while you shop inside, cause it may not be there when you get back. You know, those businesses that won't allow gliders in their establishment. The way I see it, as it is now, most people avoid shopping because they have no place to store all their stuff, except maybe in their bags on front. Good idea and keep up the great work. Do you have a crew helping you with these designs? Just wondering?

Oh, just a few suggestions on improvements, not that they aren't already great. I like your decals for the wheels. Have you considered larger decals for the whole diameter of the wheel, and or leave out or change the oval cutouts to a different color? I think then it would look more like mag rims. Just an idea. And on the carrier, I know its your first Rev., but are those corners sharp angles? Just a concern that maybe pointy edges could injure a pedestrian perhaps. Oh, I see they are angled, Dooh! Never mind. Please don't take offense to my sugguestions, I like to conjure up stuff like that too, its just part of my personality, just ask anybody that knows me. :)

"Wouldn't it be cool, if?...is like Folgers in my cup"

wayne
04-29-2003, 02:17 PM
GadgetmanKen,

I welcome all suggestions.

I'm doing this all myself with the exception of the metal being bent and I'm having some power coated this week.

My nephew (next door) is doing the decals. Yes, we did think of making large decals for the center of the wheel but figured that we would get the smaller one going first.

Seg-On

Brooster
05-08-2003, 10:32 PM
That's a pretty neat deal!

Brooster

wayne
05-09-2003, 12:23 AM
Thanks Booster,

It really works good, even surprised me.
I've had 60 lbs. on it and had no problem.

Seg-On

GadgetmanKen
05-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Wayne, Thats an additional $48 for the BC Carriers? Have you or is there any way you could make the F Carrier mount to where the BC Carriers do? I mean as in, all one piece. Even tho it would I guess still be good to have both units.

Would you say that because of where your support on the shaft is and at the on the sides more or less balances out the weight distribution equally on the HT? You know like, all the weight isn't pulling on just the shaft. Did you try it another way? If you did, what different characteristics did the HT have?

Oh by the way, Nice car. [8D] Can't really tell what kind it is. Is it a 68 Impala? Or a Dodge Monaco? Or am I still Wrong?

wayne
05-09-2003, 12:29 PM
As for the weight pulling on the shaft, it isn't that much. The F Carrier after bolted to the BC Carriers gives the carrier a good bit of support.

As for leaving off the BC Carriers and mounting the F direct to the Seg, that is possible. The way I figured it was that you may not want the F Carrier on all time and you could take it off and still have the BC Carriers to carry some small items. Just depends on how someone would use it.

It is a 69 Belair, chopped 5 1/2 inches with 522 ci 850 hp reher-morrison engine.

Wayne

GadgetmanKen
05-09-2003, 12:58 PM
I was close, same family different year. I thought it looked chopped. Is it lowered to or is it just the smaller wheels in front. Are those Mickey Thompsons on the rear? Looks like good speed records. Got any trophies? I had a buddy that had a Nova that did low twelves and I thought that was fast. I might as well, just glued my helmet to the head rest. Whoo !

wayne
05-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Good Years, Tube Frame and all the goodies.
It has been finished 2 1/2 years and I only went once last year and (due to the Seg) haven't had the time this year so far.
best --9.64 at 138mph.

Now you see why I want my Seg to go faster, but not that fast.

Seg-On