PDA

View Full Version : What politicians do..

Blinky
11-05-2002, 01:09 PM
http://www.cmonitor.com/stories/news/state2002/sunday_barnstorm_2002.shtmlquote:Bradley, who lives in Wolfeboro, stood in front of Kane showing a woman how to ride a Segway. The machine was a campaign tool, a way to get voters to stop and talk.

As Bradley and Republican Rep. Frank Guinta explained how the Segway worked, a handful of Clark campaign workers arrived bearing signs. One was dressed as a magician, a profession Bradley briefly held when he lived in Switzerland in the late 1970s.
Just thought it was funny that these guys running for office would use the segway as an attention getter. I wonder who else might use this idea and apply it to their needs.

ftropea
11-05-2002, 03:58 PM
Become a more productive politician...

Lie to more people... Get more votes... Get elected to a higher office...

;)

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

GlideMaster
11-05-2002, 08:26 PM
A politician being seen riding a Segway around might attract some of the young voters to vote for that particular politician. He might be perceived as being for the x generation. Anything for a vote. [V]

quote:Originally posted by ftropea

Become a more productive politician...

Lie to more people... Get more votes... Get elected to a higher office...

;)

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

n/a
11-06-2002, 01:18 PM
quote:The machine was a campaign tool, a way to get voters to stop and talk.

It is a positive sign for Segway that some politicians consider the Segway a people drawer.

Blinky
11-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Lawrence writes..
quote:It is a positive sign for Segway that some politicians consider the Segway a people drawer.
One thing I would love to see is the 100yr old senator in the U.S. riding one of those babies on the fast key. If he could handle it, what a story that would make. [:p]

Blinky
11-14-2002, 11:34 PM
I have to say now that politicians are just as bad as any of the other groups that are using the Segway-HT and Segway LLC for the wrong reasons.

This is just me fuming off from another post in this forum :(