PDA

View Full Version : Xt Redundunt Failure

KC4SSD
12-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Xt great device but no info to do it yourself repairs!! Does anyone out there have any diagnostic info on how to figure out why my xt is shutting down?? According to reference manual it is a redundant failure, while riding it will shake, slow and show red with full batts. I have reset by disconnecting the cables to handlebars and no go. Where does on start other taking to a authorized repair center that has already told me they do not have the ability to diagnos redundant failure due to software/computer issues with segway??

Tim Naples Fl.

gbrandwood
12-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Hi Tim - I would try a different dealer if possible. They should be able to help. If they can't help, why not call Segway INC direct? They may be able to offer some support.

One of the pleasures of owning a Segway is that it requires very little maintenance and is very durable/reliable. As a result, there are very few end-user servicable parts.

Perhaps if you detail the exact error shown on blinky, someone here might be able to be more specific.

I wish you luck.

jgbackes
12-13-2009, 06:27 PM
<snip>

Where does on start other taking to a authorized repair center that has already told me they do not have the ability to diagnos redundant failure due to software/computer issues with segway??

Tim Naples Fl.

You can swap parts with a known good Segway. Have you looked at the Wiki page? It has some good error code info.

Try batteries first, them drive motors, then controller boards.