PDA

View Full Version : New patent application?

n/a
11-01-2002, 03:44 PM
quote:United States Patent Application 20020121394
Kind Code A1
Kamen, Dean L. ; et al. September 5, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Control system and method

Abstract
Systems and methods for controlling a device are disclosed. In one embodiment, the systems and methods allow for the control of a human transport device such that the human transport device remains in an upright position regardless of the surface being traversed. The systems and methods may include a plurality of operational modes where each mode has different characteristics. Additionally, systems and method for locating a center of gravity of a device are disclosed.

Have i fallen asleep or has this not yet been posted?

http://appft1.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html&r=4&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PG01&s1=Kamen.IN.&OS=IN/Kamen&RS=IN/Kamen

ftropea
11-01-2002, 03:56 PM
Just quickly scanned through this one..

Is this a continuation of the Ibot patent, but just describes the function of the "arm" which keeps the seated passenger balanced in relation to the ground contacting members - the wheels?

When I have more time, I'll read it through. I love these patents :)

Regards,

Frank A. Tropea

n/a
11-01-2002, 04:05 PM
quote:Is this a continuation of the Ibot patent, but just describes the function of the "arm" which keeps the seated passenger balanced in relation to the ground contacting members - the wheels?

It seems odd that they would be applying for patents when the ibot is supposed to be almost ready for the market. Are applying for patenting of something already incorporated into ibot/Segway or what is this something to be incorporated into future versions?