PDA

View Full Version : SeaDream Yacht Club to Feature Segway™ Human Trans

dave27
10-31-2002, 02:29 PM
Segway Press Release

SeaDream Yacht Club to Feature Segway™ Human Transporter
High Tech, Two-Wheel, Electric Transporter To Add Verve and Excitement to Unique SeaDream Yachting Experience

COCONUT GROVE, Florida, October 29, 2002 - SeaDream Yacht Club plans to introduce the unique and hotly anticipated Segway™ Human Transporter (HT) on sailings aboard its twin, mega yachts, SeaDream I and II.

In doing so, SeaDream will become the first ultra-luxury, seagoing yachting experience to feature the high-tech, two-wheeled, electric transporters that are not yet available to the public.

Commenting on SeaDream's introduction of the Segway HT, Larry Pimentel, CTC, SeaDream's Chairman and CEO, said "It was inevitable that SeaDream and Segway get together. We both offer unique travel experiences that add verve and excitement to our lives and that take us to unique locales with ease and enjoyment.

snip

The Segway HT will be introduced aboard SeaDream yachts in two stages. During the first stage specially trained, onboard SeaDream personnel will teach guests basic riding skills---forward and backward motion, turning and agility.

SeaDream guests will then have the opportunity to ride the device on a shoreside training course. The experience will be available to guests at a cost of $49 per hour. Later in its 2003 season SeaDream intends to introduce the Segway HT into its SeaDream Land Adventures, its highly-acclaimed shore excursion program.

dave27
10-31-2002, 02:31 PM
sorry... here is the link

http://www.segway.com/aboutus/press_releases/pr_102902.html

-dave

n/a
11-01-2002, 02:15 PM
quote:Later in its 2003 season SeaDream intends to introduce the Segway HT into its SeaDream Land Adventures, its highly-acclaimed shore excursion program.

In 2003, the novelty may have worn off but there will be other good reasons to for including Segways in the program.

Blinky
11-03-2002, 03:41 AM
quote:SeaDream guests will then have the opportunity to ride the device on a shoreside training course. The experience will be available to guests at a cost of $49 per hour. Later in its 2003 season SeaDream intends to introduce the Segway HT into its SeaDream Land Adventures, its highly-acclaimed shore excursion program.
I would like to see other things added to the Segway-HT rental package. Personally $49 does seem to be a bit much for the ride. I would probably do it if I never had to ride one before. I could see the cruise company charging a cheaper rate after the 1 hour is up.

I am sure people will pay this anyway. Especially when they are on vacation.

Whewtbing
11-04-2002, 06:40 PM
quote:Originally posted by Blinky

quote:SeaDream guests will then have the opportunity to ride the device on a shoreside training course. The experience will be available to guests at a cost of $49 per hour. Later in its 2003 season SeaDream intends to introduce the Segway HT into its SeaDream Land Adventures, its highly-acclaimed shore excursion program.
I would like to see other things added to the Segway-HT rental package. Personally $49 does seem to be a bit much for the ride. I would probably do it if I never had to ride one before. I could see the cruise company charging a cheaper rate after the 1 hour is up.

I am sure people will pay this anyway. Especially when they are on vacation.

Seadream yacht cruises are from $315 to $500 per day. People who can afford that will think nothing of a fifty spot for a ride on a Segway.

Blinky
11-05-2002, 01:27 PM
Whewtbing writes..
quote:Seadream yacht cruises are from $315 to $500 per day. People who can afford that will think nothing of a fifty spot for a ride on a Segway.
Most likely people would not try this for more than one time, this would be so if they didn't enjoy themselves the first time. I think very few of the people who are spending that kind of money would shell out extra money on their vacation, especially when there are alot of other things they could spend their money on.

I don't think the Segway on cruise ships is a bad idea, I definitely think that they would make money on these things. I just would think for the $49 dollars there would be more to the deal. I could see them renting the Segways out for a whole entire day for a little bit more money.

I am not rich, but I have the money and I would most likely not spend it to rent a segway. I don't care how much my girlfriend begs.