PDA

View Full Version : ??????????????

Seg-wager
09-02-2002, 02:59 PM
The full import of Frank's mention on TIQ that a website can be registered in anyone's name became painfully clear when I received this email today:

quote: Dear Sir/Madam,

I have visited www.ginger-chat.com and found it is a thoughtfully-designed one with much helpful information but poorly listed in many search engines. It's time to do something. Find a most effective way of advertising, find FULLPROMOTE! Best Service, lowest cost! Fullpromote will instantly submit your website to all the famous searching engines around the world.

To check our pricelist and submit www.ginger-chat.com to 500,000 search engines in the world, go to www.fullpromote.com.We will try our best to publicize your website.

Looking forward to your favorable reply.

Best regards,

Sales & Marketing
www.fullpromote.com

IP stealing? Thanks for the heads up, Frank.

This is NOT my website. Does this mean he's using my harddrive to store the files as well?

segwaychatadmin
09-02-2002, 03:58 PM
I'm not sure what happened to you, but does it have anything to do with this site? You IP and E-mail are secure here.

- Frank

Seg-wager
09-02-2002, 04:18 PM
I was informed it was in all likelihood nothing more than spam for having visited and registered previously at the site.

Thanks, Frank!
You have the workings of a site for productive discussions here and I've known you online long enough to trust that when you design free from harassment you mean it! Having a critical discussion is quite a different thing from constantly fending off attacks! Thanks again.