PDA

View Full Version : How did your Segway experience begin?

SegwayGTX
04-17-2003, 10:21 AM
Hi this is just a place where you can tell me how you found out about the amazing Segway!
If anybody has a cool segway related website, please tell me. (Chat,games) anything like that!
REDKEY RULERS!!

You show me a car,
I'll show you a Porsche
You show me the way, I'll show you the Segway

xithex
01-30-2004, 12:00 AM
I had known about it for quite some time, but when i rented one, that was it. I HAD TO HAVE ONE! This is how my Segway and I where united.

Since I am not old enough to dive, my car IS a Segway!

4Seg
02-02-2004, 12:12 AM
quote:Originally posted by SegwayGTX

Hi this is just a place where you can tell me how you found out about the amazing Segway!
If anybody has a cool segway related website, please tell me. (Chat,games) anything like that!
REDKEY RULERS!!

You show me a car,
I'll show you a Porsche
You show me the way, I'll show you the Segway

I first rode the HT at the first-ever "Ticket to Ride" event at the Chicago Museum of Science and Technology on June 11th, 2002; with that, I created the first ever consumer experience video. (Hosted on SegwayChat, under videos)

This month STLSegway.com is Celebrating two years! Amazing how fast the time flies!

be keen, keep clean, glide green.
Help support FIRST http://www.usfirst.org

BerettaIndy
02-06-2004, 12:00 AM
im still waiting for mine to start

ComradeJosef
02-06-2004, 12:14 AM
I first saw a little bit about them on tv when they were talking about Dean Kamen. Some time later, we went on a trip to WDW where they were showing them off and from that moment on, I had a goal, ride a Segway. Then just a few weeks ago on a trip to Disneyland we were wandering around Innoventions and then I saw...SEGWAY TRIALS! Goal one - check but now there was a new goal, become an owner. We'll see what happens!

ThomasTuttle
02-14-2004, 07:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by ComradeJosef
Then just a few weeks ago on a trip to Disneyland we were wandering around Innoventions and then I saw...SEGWAY TRIALS!

What hypocrites they are there... you can try them but not ride your own.

Disney sucks.

Dwarf84396
02-14-2004, 10:33 PM
I got my first chance to ride at the 2003 Minnesota State Fair. The people from Mobile Entertainment LLC had an exhibit outside of the fairgrounds, and they were giving out 20 minute test rides for $10. I went ahead and rode, came back the naxt day, volunteered my time (which I loved, about an hour for free!), and then they put me into the parade because they needed a few hands. I have been hooked ever since, but I still don't have enough money to buy a HT.

Ben

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once
Ashleigh Brilliant

4Seg
02-15-2004, 03:19 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dwarf84396

I got my first chance to ride at the 2003 Minnesota State Fair. The people from Mobile Entertainment LLC had an exhibit outside of the fairgrounds, and they were giving out 20 minute test rides for $10. I went ahead and rode, came back the next day, volunteered my time (which I loved, about an hour for free!), and then they put me into the parade because they needed a few hands. I have been hooked ever since, but I still don't have enough money to buy a HT.

Ben

Ashleigh Brilliant

Dwarf84396,
I couldn't afford to shell out $5k and refuse to put that much on plastic, nor dip into the stocks; so what's one to do? I did it the old fashioned way, I went to my favorite banker and got a loan. Wham! I had a Segway.

When people ask me how much an HT costs, I tell them and I get the usual sticker-shock face [:O]. Then I tell them, "Hey, I got a loan and this thing costs me $208/month. I haven't put gas in my car for two months and I put my car on low-mileage insurance." Then I get the, "Oh, $208? Thats not bad. I like it!"

See you at
Mardi-Glide! (http://www.stlsegway.com) St. Louis, Feb. 21st

Dwarf84396
02-16-2004, 02:43 PM
4Seg,

I would do that, other than the fact that I currently don't have a dependable job and I'm not old enough to be able to get a loan legally anyway. I'm only 16 and hoping to win one of the contests for a free HT out on the web.

Ben

Ashleigh Brilliant

4Seg
02-16-2004, 03:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Dwarf84396

4Seg,

I would do that, other than the fact that I currently don't have a dependable job and I'm not old enough to be able to get a loan legally anyway. I'm only 16 and hoping to win one of the contests for a free HT out on the web.

Ben

Ashleigh Brilliant

Dwarf84396, good luck! The world needs more gliders!

See you at
Mardi-Glide! (http://www.stlsegway.com) St. Louis, Feb. 21st