PDA

View Full Version : InfoKey Holder Modification

glen_d
09-03-2009, 07:57 PM
A number of users have reported problems with their InfoKey falling out of the the stock i2 InfoKey holder while riding. A series of photographs at the link below show how to manufacture and install a small spring inside the InfoKey holder under the retaining tab. The spring-loaded retaining tab is much more secure than the stock product.

InfoKey Holder Modification (http://home.gci.net/%7Eglen/segway/pic/infokey/01.html)

Glen

flvoiceguy
07-04-2012, 11:27 PM
the link doesn't work...I'd live to see this.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

rotorblades
05-21-2014, 09:20 AM
[ i simply use a small patch of velcro to hold mine on mush them together for a more secure hold each time youput it on:)

KSagal
05-21-2014, 06:00 PM
Assisting that plastic latch is a good idea, and easy.

I recall using a bit of a shipping peanut kind of foam rubber under it at one point, to give it more lift. (That was years ago. I do not glide with the key on the port anymore, for a long time now...)

Don M
07-03-2016, 11:04 AM
Currently there's a German vendor on eBay who is selling an 'Info-Key Protector' for $69. After having one of ours fall off a couple times, I thought I'd give this a try. It arrived yesterday

It's a pretty well made piece. Machined out of solid aluminum and powdercoated in either black, red or green, it replaces the OEM plastic slide on mounting for the I2 and uses the same screw hole for mounting. It surrounds the Info-Key completely, but leaves the buttons easy to access. A spring loaded snap pin keeps the key securely held within the protector

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infokey-Protector-for-I2-and-SE-or-X2-World-Newness-Segway-/281837722840?hash=item419ed65cd8:g:OWYAAOSwoBtW2WI q

I have no affiliation with those selling these other than being a happy customer. I really like the one they sent me and I just ordered another one in a different color for our other I2 - Great way to easily tell your machines apart if you have more than one

Don

rotorblades
07-03-2016, 07:01 PM
[i went to using a strip or spot of velcro i found the key slippery in these oldhandsvelcro improved the grip i now have my key in my buttoned shirt pocket= works great