PDA

View Full Version : Do you really need the stock spacer for golf tires or can you use these?

Silver Fox
08-26-2009, 10:45 AM
After finaly getting the X2 tires off the Hub Adapter " See Clockwise or
Counter Clockwise" I'm faced with the question, do I order the stock spacers or just use a few standard spacers for the new golf tires:confused:

jgbackes
08-26-2009, 12:02 PM
Use the spacers. Washers don't distribute the torque correctly. You would need 1/2 inch worth of washers per nut per wheel. Because the washers can slide against each other, they will allow the bolt (cap screw) to bend and flex causing premature failure.

When you use a spacer, the bolts work together, with washers each bolt has to work independent of the other bolts.

I could draw you a diagram of the forces involved, but trust me, the amount of torque that needs to be transferred from the motors to the wheels is tremendous.

Silver Fox
08-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks Jeff I had my suspicions and you confirmed them. Anyone got some used spacers they want to sell:)

jgbackes
08-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Check with Segway of Oakland (Segway Junkyard) they always have that stuff lying around.

Arturas
08-30-2009, 10:22 AM
why don't you buy the whole wheel kit with all the parts in it??? Then there would be only 3 nuts.

jgbackes
08-30-2009, 10:43 AM
The wheel kit comes with three nuts and four cap screws. Three for the hub adapter, and four for the wheel to adapter.

why don't you buy the whole wheel kit with all the parts in it??? Then there would be only 3 nuts.

Arturas
08-31-2009, 03:26 AM
The wheel kit comes with three nuts and four cap screws. Three for the hub adapter, and four for the wheel to adapter.

We sold an x2 and the owner wanted another tires and golf accessories because he's a golf player, so we just ordered new wheels and when we got them we just took off x2 wheels and put turf wheels on (2 minutes, 6 nuts in total). Where is the problem?

Joushou
08-31-2009, 06:15 AM
The problem is that he didn't get wheel-hub and spacer with the wheels, and there's not a spacer on the R/A wheels, as the tires are narrower...

jgbackes
08-31-2009, 11:17 AM
The turf (golf) tires will rub on the fenders without the spacers.

We sold an x2 and the owner wanted another tires and golf accessories because he's a golf player, so we just ordered new wheels and when we got them we just took off x2 wheels and put turf wheels on (2 minutes, 6 nuts in total). Where is the problem?

Mr_Laurenzano
08-31-2009, 09:27 PM
The turf (golf) tires will rub on the fenders without the spacers.

there is no swing. Personal view, glide not, long walk, no purpose.:confused:

Silver Fox
09-01-2009, 04:42 PM
You're right I didn't get wheel-hub and spacer with the wheels. I'm on a budget I just got some turf tires and rims. My dealer is going to call me back with the price on the spacer in the morning.