PDA

View Full Version : What do women need on their i180

Red Ghost
08-08-2009, 11:46 PM
Hello Everyone,

I bought my wife an i180. It has a handlebar front pack. Being a guy, everything I need are in my pants pockets. Women have purses etc. What would help her carry her purse and if she goes shopping?

I want to make this a wonderful experience for her, not a hassle of reconfiguring her normal routine. Thanks.

Michael.

KSagal
08-09-2009, 10:27 AM
All she needs to carry her purse when on the segway, is ... You.

You can glide along behind her and carry it for her. ;)

Actually, if this is an issue for her, many carry a back pack instead, or you can rig a simple hook or have her hook it over the handlebar while she glides...

jgbackes
08-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Putting her purse in the front bag is probably the easiest thing.

bentbiker
08-11-2009, 01:47 PM
I want to make this a wonderful experience for her, not a hassle of reconfiguring her normal routine.
Does she require a rigid handlebar for balance due to some disability? If not, the nicest thing you could do for her would be to get a Gen2 instead of a Gen1 unit -- safer, and easier to learn on.

wwhopper
08-11-2009, 02:52 PM
He asks for a womans point of view, and all he gets are comments from the guys.

Can't wait to hear from one of our lady gliders on this topic!

Lily Kerns
08-11-2009, 06:44 PM
OK.'ll start the response... <G>

1. My purse wouldn't fit in the bag.
2. It is heavy enough to unbalance things if I hang it from the handlebars.
2. The zippers of the Segway's front bag are so awkward that it isn't worth the effort to put it in and take it out.
3. Putting it in a back back makes it virtually inaccessible when needed.

I don't carry a purse when gliding often enough to be an expert, but so far I have found that I prefer one that hangs from one shoulder to the opposite side, so no need to worry about it sliding off.

When I finish my current writing projects, my next one is designing the perfect purse. Preferably it will be modular with a removable section for the netbook I hope to have by then, easily accessible pockets for phone, cash, cards, etc....

And for the benefit of the other ladies here, I've discovered that if you design purses over a dress form, you can make the straps attach exactly at the most secure and comfortable position. I'll keep you posted. <G>

Gihgehls
08-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I'd imagine most women would carry their purse on their seg the same way they carry it while walking. Look at me, letting my imagination run wild.

KSagal
08-12-2009, 03:09 AM
I'd imagine most women would carry their purse on their seg the same way they carry it while walking. Look at me, letting my imagination run wild.

Do you perhaps have experience carrying a manbag ?

wwhopper
08-12-2009, 09:00 AM
Seems the menfolk know everything about how you ladies like to do things around here.

Gihgehls
08-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Do you perhaps have experience carrying a manbag ?

I do. What are you saying?

Joushou
08-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Of course, with our massive brains, we're way more qualified to answer the question! ;)

(YES, fat, water, and dedicated muscle-controls all count! No "If you cut off the muscle-control, our brain is heavier" here! :rolleyes: )

(I wonder what the reaction to this by the female part of this site would be...)

Lily Kerns
08-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Of course, with our massive brains, we're way more qualified to answer the question! ;)

(YES, fat, water, and dedicated muscle-controls all count! No "If you cut off the muscle-control, our brain is heavier" here! :rolleyes: )

(I wonder what the reaction to this by the female part of this site would be...)

LOL You really don't want to know!
Now if you were my teenager....<G>

KSagal
08-12-2009, 11:19 AM
I do. What are you saying?

Nothing at all, except that it is similar to a purse in the way it is often carried, and therefore may offer a valid suggestion to what the OP requested, despite being dismissed by another poster as not be gender specifically appropriate.

L.I. Glider
08-12-2009, 12:07 PM
I have a Gen 1. If I'm just going out for a glide, my purse hangs over the handlebar (short strap) or across my body, messenger- bag style (long strap). If I'm going shopping and have the front bag on the machine, I throw my wallet and cell phone in a small bag and put that in the front bag. I'm not a fan of the side cargo bags, too restrictive (though I have gotten a week's worth of groceries in the side bag, front bag and a backpack). She'll have to try a couple of different variations to see what works best for her.

In answer to your question, she doesn't need anything else. She has a husband who bought her a Segway. Who could ask for anything more?