PDA

View Full Version : touch up paint

jharrington1943
07-29-2009, 06:42 PM
A perfect touch up paint (black) for any dings or scratches, Dupli-color vinyl & fabric paint, get it at any Checker or Auto-Zone. Works on both metal and plastic, goes on more like a dye than a paint, will not wear or peel.

Joushou
07-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Doesn't it stand out, when the surface was anodized with the color?
The paint should definitely be noticeable...

Good tip, though :)

jharrington1943
07-30-2009, 02:50 PM
No, it is not noticable, it doesn't go on like a coat of paint and dries to the same texture and matt finish as the anodizing, (I'me a bit of a perfectionist on stuff like that). Try a small test spot in an out of site place, like maybe underneath on the battery case.

Joushou
07-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Nice... I was very worried about the coat-ish look, since i'm also a bit of a perfectionist on that area myself ;)

flvoiceguy
07-05-2012, 07:36 AM
How does this hold up when you clean the area?

PeteInLongBeach
07-07-2012, 12:55 PM
I'll have to keep this tip in mind for next time.
I've been using a magic marker for my touch ups, quickly followed by a light dabbing with a rag. Almost invisible...

MuttonChops
07-10-2012, 10:17 AM
@jharrington1943
Could you provide the Auto-zone stock number of your “perfect touch up paint (black) for any dings or scratches, Dupli-color vinyl & fabric paint”.

On the Auto-zone site I've found Dupli-color touch-up paint and Rust-Oleum vinyl & fabric paint but no Dupli-color vinyl & fabric paint.

So which product has worked well for you?

Bob.Kerns
07-10-2012, 02:17 PM
@jharrington1943
Could you provide the Auto-zone stock number of your “perfect touch up paint (black) for any dings or scratches, Dupli-color vinyl & fabric paint”.

On the Auto-zone site I've found Dupli-color touch-up paint and Rust-Oleum vinyl & fabric paint but no Dupli-color vinyl & fabric paint.

So which product has worked well for you?

I don't know anything about it, but I googled and found this, and pass it along:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/vinylFabricCoating/