PDA

View Full Version : Segway Advertising Shields

Copenhagentours
06-09-2009, 03:56 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have a request to get some advertising shields made for my 9no. i2's for advertising purposes here in Copenhagen.

I know that you can buy them from the States for around $700 but I think it's expensive and a little impractical having something so bulky and heavy sent half way around the world, (not to mention environmentally a poor decision);)

So I imagine if I go to a metal fabricators here in Denmark, I should be able to have something made up which will work just as good as a bought one.

Does anyone have any experience of getting these shields made? Best materials? Acrylic for the printing panel? Max weight? Best method of fixing? Thank you all in advance and I look forward to getting your thoughts.

Arturas
07-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Hi,

we have some off our advertising shields not used and used in stock. i am not sure how many. If you are interested please email me at info@supersegway.com

It would take about 2-4 days to send it to Denmark from Lithuania.

lamasu33
08-28-2009, 10:54 PM
Hi there,

Our company recently purchased several shields from lucentads dot com We shopped around for a long-time and ordered a sample from pretty much every manufacturer in the U.S. to test their products.

All I can say is that the people at LucentAds know what they're doing and have been doing for a long-time as they had the best shield hands down.

Compared to the other manufacturers their shields were lighter, but yet much more durable with a smooth exterior surface for repeated application of artwork. Another unique thing is that believe or not they offer a 90 Days Warranty on all their products.

We tried to have our shields made at first, visited fabricators, machinist at the end of the day the cost to fabricate and create a mold was well over $5,000 plus minimum numbers they demanded we order once the mold was done.

The guys at LucentAds (I dealt with Edmund - super nice & very knowledgeable, don't tell him I said this but he's very reasonable on pricing specially when it comes to oversees orders) use a standard ABS Plastic which they openly state on their site, but their secret is in the material of the attachment parts. They actually manufacture a special blend of plastic that is pretty much indestructible. Don't bother asking them what it is since that it their secret to success.

I hope I've been helpful and best of luck with your search.

Cheers,

Lamasu

Tory
08-30-2009, 02:33 AM
Totally Awesome, WOW does Lucent Ads ever have cool stuff for advertising with a Segway. I've been considering advertising on my Segway for my biz and when I decide to go ahead I'm going to contact Lucent. Thank you lamasu 33 for the heads up on their products. Tory