PDA

View Full Version : Stripping an i2

nickyboy
05-20-2009, 10:56 AM
I have an i2 which is giving me error code E017, which (usually) relates to moisture on the front boards. I have done the usual, left it in a warm area for a day, swapped batteries around, used seperate batteries etc. I am reluctant to return it to Inc as I know all that will happen is they will say "It needs a new base" and I will get a bill for many £'s probably into the thousands, which I can ill afford. The unit is only 2 years old so has plenty of life in it (or should do).
Has anyone ever removed the silver plates located under the mats. They appear to be easily removed with just allen bolts holding them down, but I don't want to blunder in and potentially case more problems. All I want to do is remove them to see inside and see if there is moisture, and if so maybe I can dry it out with a hairdryer or whatever.

doctorkurtschleg
05-20-2009, 11:32 PM
If you keep an eye on this thread, you may evenually get an answer:

http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=21969&highlight=manual

dgbint
05-21-2009, 02:38 AM
This eBay item 130307900078 might be useful.

Michael

Bob.Kerns
05-21-2009, 12:12 PM
If you keep an eye on this thread, you may evenually get an answer:

http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=21969&highlight=manual

No, unfortunately, that thread has been closed. But hopefully he'll still put together the photos, etc., and post it to another thread.

Bob.Kerns
05-21-2009, 12:22 PM
This eBay item 130307900078 might be useful.

Michael

Tempting, even with shipping. Are you the seller? Is one of the windings in the motor functional? If so, I can think of some fun things to do, like making an interactive museum display -- maybe even utilizing the actual sensors.

It's a nice idea, taking your most worthless dead parts, and collecting them into an educational display.

dgbint
05-21-2009, 07:05 PM
Is one of the windings in the motor functional ?

I will say 'NO' becuase I don't know if the answer is yes.

It does have a problem, but whether that means completely dead, partially dead, intermittently dead etc I cannot say with any certainty.
So the only true conclusion is, to say it doesn't work.

However Clint Eastwood might say 'do you feel lucky ?'

Yes I am the seller.

Michael

forestan
09-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Hi Nic,

I am trying to strip the i2 as well, any help will be much appreciated