PDA

View Full Version : Not an owner but seriously considering it...

Samsonite
02-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Hey there everyone! My name is Sam and i am currently attending school in San Antonio, TX. In a few months I will graduate and move back to my home town of Corpus Christi, TX. I have always wanted an ATV of some kind, but there just no where to ride it there. We do have quite a few public beaches there but they are legally treated as highways with side walks... which means no four-wheelers and things of the like. I feel that I could get a lot of use out of either an i2 or an x2. I will be moving to an area of the city that is about 2-3 miles away from a school district that I will be applying for work at, so i could also use it to commute. I don't want to make the seg community look bad, but I'm sure that my seg will mainly be used for play. If any one would like to take me under their wing and show me any flaws in my logic and teach me vital seg related things i would be very grateful.

wwhopper
02-24-2009, 06:26 PM
And a number of great people there as well check in with them and get some hands on Segway experience.

BillK
02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey there everyone!

Hey Sam!
I have done the tour there in San Antonio several times - the river walk is a WONDERFUL place to Seg (not so much right by the Marriott but out a ways there is almost no traffic by the HEB headquarters and the King William area.

Never Segged in Corpus - I belive that the Seg is sealed and that water/salt/sand is not supposed to get into the works, but I have seen sand get through glass so ask someone who segs regularly on beaches what that does to a Seg.

Segging is a lot of fun - welcome.
Bill

Samsonite
02-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Thank you all for your replies. i am planning a tour in he coming weeks with a friend and his girlfriend. we're gonna do the 2.5 hr tour in downtown SA. should be fun!!

cadavev
02-27-2009, 11:10 AM
if you can use it for a commute even better if you ask me. Its a fun way to get around i will be posting pics for my customized i2 after this weekend if i get it all back together. Enjoy the glide...and Welcome