PDA

View Full Version : Greetings Segway Chat Community

Trillium
02-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Hi folks. I'm not yet a Segway owner, but I'm currently in the "tire kicking" phase and seriously considering buying a Segway I2 for my business in the next few weeks. But before I make the leap, I wanted to get to know more about the Segway and owners experiences using theirs everyday. A Segway makes perfect sense for me considering the number of prospective clients I need to meet daily. But I'd like to know how this elegant machine fits into your day. I'd be curious to find out if you've run into some opposition from local communities, and whether you find MA a Segway friendly state. It appears that the state legislature has not prohibited or condoned Segway use.

As a business tool, I would be using my Segway outdoors anywhere from 4 to 6 hours Mon-Fri, and partly on Saturday, rain or shine (within reason, I don't want to get soaked). This will go on for about 7 months. I reside in MA within the Hopkinton/Milford area, and would like to get to know owners that live in the greater Metro Boston area.

Good gliding.

Dave.

wwhopper
02-21-2009, 06:44 PM
We have several Mass users on this site and they will give you more than enough info than you ever wanted to know.

I bet you can con a couple of them into meeting up with you and sharing a Segway glide with you to get you into the Segway Smile mode!

Enjoy!

Trillium
02-21-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks Will,

Is there any way within the forum to sort by State?

wwhopper
02-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks Will,

Though they are working on that on Segway Social, but here the membership is available, but not sortable by state.

Karl and Jay are the two that I know are from just outside of Boston, but I bet if you started a thread for Mass Area Gliders - you would at least get their attention. There were some guys in downtown Boston, but we have not seen them in a number of years. Of course a number of Inc employees live in the state, but they only lurk and very rarely post on these sites.

bentbiker
02-22-2009, 03:04 PM
Sadly that is not something we have.
Actually, the Map link on the bar allows you to see all the people in a given state who have chosen to participate. Sadly, few in the MA area have taken the time.

KSagal
02-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks Will,

As Will said, you can start a thread asking us to speak up... There are several segway gliders in Massachusetts. I suspect that there are several in a reasonable drive to you, though I cannot guess how many that can be within a glide's distance... (I use the term 'glide' when I speak of riding a segway)

Many of us are snowed in, but we can be coaxed out on a nice winter day for a short glide, I believe...

Keep asking for us to speak up, and we will. Take notes, as Massachusetts is not the best represented state on this forum...

Get a segway, smile, and your life will not be same...

Bob.Kerns
02-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Take notes, as Massachusetts is not the best represented state on this forum...

I've been thinking too much about politics, lately -- I misread this as:
"Take notes, as Massachusetts is not the best represented state in the nation." Thinking it referred to the lack of affirmative Segway laws...
:)

KSagal
02-23-2009, 12:13 AM
I've been thinking too much about politics, lately -- I misread this as:
"Take notes, as Massachusetts is not the best represented state in the nation." Thinking it referred to the lack of affirmative Segway laws...
:)

Actually, if you look at the horrible people (in my opinion) who have foolishly been elected to represent this state in Washington, DC and I believe that some of them have caused many more problems than solutions, and the rest are of no consequence at all, you are right. This state is not well represented in our nation. It is very embarrassing for some of us to have to admit we live in Massachusetts.