PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Metro-Atlanta...

glennw
01-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Hello! I am new to the community... I live in Metro-Atlanta and am looking at getting my first Segway in the coming months due to physical disabilities caused by the A++ personality that finally caught up with me.

I am interested in getting any assistance as to where I might make my first purchase; whether a new Segway might be a better option than a demo model from a dealer or a used one from one of you, etc...

Any words of wisdom or advice are always welcome and appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance for any assistance and channels to navigate! If I can ever be of assistance from my side, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Finally, since I'm new at this, I might have a hard time finding where I posted this thread again, so if someone can send me a blasted message to remind me, I would really appreciate it!!! ;)

Glenn

wwhopper
01-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Shalloway is a dealer there and one of the best get in touch with him

KSagal
01-10-2009, 03:33 PM
You may also want to look into DRAFT.org. They have a great deal of information to offer new segway users, especially those considering it because of a disablility...

glennw
01-10-2009, 11:07 PM
I appreciate your quick feedback, guys, I really do.

I'm not sure how many other Segway users are around Atlanta that are disabled, and might be interested, but I have confirmed/secured written authorization for Segway use on the Silver Comet Trail in Cobb County if anyone is interested.

I'm not certain if it is just for disabled users because that was my "petition," but I have been granted the right to use a Segway on the Trails now (I'm not sure if anyone else has done so in the past...if they have, then disregard this portion of my post).

If this is something new and there are others who are disabled in the area and own Segways who also want to ride the Silver Comet Trail, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide a copy of all of my correspondences and contact names that got my authorization approved.

Bill Seright
01-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Hello! I am new to the community... I live in Metro-Atlanta and am looking at getting my first Segway in the coming months due to physical disabilities caused by the A++ personality that finally caught up with me.

I am interested in getting any assistance as to where I might make my first purchase; whether a new Segway might be a better option than a demo model from a dealer or a used one from one of you, etc...

Any words of wisdom or advice are always welcome and appreciated as well.

Thank you in advance for any assistance and channels to navigate! If I can ever be of assistance from my side, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Finally, since I'm new at this, I might have a hard time finding where I posted this thread again, so if someone can send me a blasted message to remind me, I would really appreciate it!!! ;)

Glenn

Welcome Glenn.

The spouse and I are in Lawrenceville and both of us have Segways due to disability. He's got a pretty bad heart. I have some heart issues as well as sciatica. I've used mine to get back and forth the eight miles to work a couple of times before it got so cold. He uses his for everything. On weekends when it's nice we like to cruise from our house into downtown Lawrenceville just to get out and around and to maybe grab some lunch.

Where in metro area are you? There's a tour company downtwon that we've taken their tour. Out this way there's Scott Holloway who's a dealer. We purchased ours at our old home in Arizona but Scott's come to the rescue for us when we moved and one of them was damaged by FedEx getting here.

We first purchased a Segway off ebay. That wasn't a good thing. We've since purchased through dealers.

Bill Seright

asquare
01-22-2009, 06:32 AM
I also live in the metro Atlanta area, Marietta - East Cobb. Iam new to the forum, but have had my Segways since 2004. I have Parkinson's and they are the only way to go. I like looking people in the face, not looking up at them and not having them look down at me. I bought mine from Scott - Segway of Alpharetta.

My mother-in-law recently bought a power chair and I've been testing it while she is in rehab and I wouldn't trade my Segway for it any day! I think it is so much more dangerous (in terms of running into someone and taking their legs out from under them).

Scott and some of his clients also organize group rides sometimes which are a lot of fun. I haven't been on the Silver Comet yet, but I did post on the Insurance discussion to let you know one place not to go.

A2