PDA

View Full Version : New user with seg problems

jetwheels
11-15-2008, 02:53 PM
I have had the i180 for over a year and love it, It is a mobility aid for me. The segway has changed my life... I am starting to worry about it, it has been "clicking" when in motion. It always did a bit, but it is starting to get louder and more noticeable.... any thoughts.

cheers, jim

wwhopper
11-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Sounds like you need your elastamer (sp) it is a little white gear with a soft rubber inside that mates the motor to the gear box, changed out.

Take it to your local dealer for that repair. Not quite sure what the charge will be.

I see you are in Ladysmith - is that Virginia? if so, then your nearest dealer is probably one of the DC area dealers, Capital, Tri-State or Annapolis. Of course I would suggest Annapolis, (and I know we have them in stock - and our tech Mark is a king at changing them out.) If you are further south then Hampton Roads or Richmond, I do not know what their service is like. Seg-Ville in Charrlottesville is just starting to do service, and they are on this site Segsurfer and Segsailor, not sure if they have been trained in gear boxes yet.

But it is not a real problem yet, but it can become one later, so I would say take your time, but don't ignore it.