PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Segway's birthplace!

mwinkler
09-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Hello all!

I live and work in Bedford, NH ( my office is just up the street from Segway Inc.). Until recently, I was commuting about 70 miles each way to work, and it seemed a bit much to carry three sets of batteries with me [:O] ! Now I have a 7 1/2 mile glide each way to work, and I'm loving every minute of it! Still trying to find the safest/fastest route. Ironically, the roads nearest to my office (and Segway), are some of the most Segway-unfriendly on my route! I'm looking forward to being a part of the Segway Community!

wwhopper
09-17-2008, 09:32 PM
A couple of us from the hinterlands will be up there gliding right next to you as we commute into the mothership at the end of next week. Though I think we will be taking that back woods trail and not the roads.

Maybe we will see you? Maybe we should meet up?

And we have to develop the wave like the motorcyclists have when they see each other on the otherside of the road. That little lift of the fingers from the handlebar or something.

Welcome to Segway Chat, you will find lots of great information here, as well as good company!