PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Anaheim!

gregggallagher
09-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Am going to buy an i2 tomorrow, and really looking forward to using it across both recreational and avocational (photographic) pursuits.

Any other Segway-ers out there in the SoCal / Orange COunty area with insights and suggestions on best places to glide?

Gregg

bentbiker
09-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Am going to buy an i2 tomorrow, and really looking forward to using it across both recreational and avocational (photographic) pursuits.

Any other Segway-ers out there in the SoCal / Orange COunty area with insights and suggestions on best places to glide?

Gregg
Gregg,

Welcome. As soon as you are able, send a PM (private message) to cmonkey and ask him to send you an invite to join the SegOC (Segway Enthusiast Group of OC) on Yahoo Groups, or, you can apply via Yahoo.

If you search the archives for events, the OC titles will give you some ideas -- Newport Back Bay, Shady Canyon are the most frequent. Both cmonkey and drmarty are in Orange.

cmonkey
09-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Yorba Park is also a nice place to glide.

The rirver trail is nice but gets boring if you don't have a destination.

The really neat thing about Segways is they give you a great reason and means to explore your neighborhood.

Start with a one mile radius and start exploring for destinantions.

I've found a number neat places to eat and shop that I otherwise would not have stopped at if it weren't for the segway.

gregggallagher
09-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Bent - thanks for the heads up!
cmonkey - applied for membership in the Yahoo Group - look forward to getting to know everyone better!

cadavev
09-12-2008, 02:01 PM
welcome welcome maybe we get a group glide going again soon in the newport area.. welcome aboard

gregggallagher
09-13-2008, 06:38 PM
David:

Great idea re the group glide!

Picked up my I2 today and did a little exploring around my condo....am totally hooked......heading down to the beach right now to do some more!

Mr_Laurenzano
09-13-2008, 10:43 PM
David:

Great idea re the group glide!

Picked up my I2 today and did a little exploring around my condo....am totally hooked......heading down to the beach right now to do some more!

Take heed. It still feels like that every time 4 years later.
Have a great glide.
Crash

gregggallagher
09-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Just back in, and am still jazzed from the experience! In addition to the gliding itself, most fun was seeing the reaction of the kids....lots of "Rad", "Cool" and "Sweet"....as well as a bunch of tweener girls yelling "Hey Segway!" from afar.....

cmonkey
09-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Whereabouts are you?

Maybe we can meet up

I'm in orange,.... tustin & la veta

gregggallagher
09-14-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm in the STadium Lofts - corner of Katella & State College...still exploring my neighborhood...had a great time gliding around Huntington Pier over weekend.