PDA

View Full Version : new in DC

natx
09-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Like another recent poster, I purchased my i2 on Sunday from Capital Segway in DC. Last night I got to do my maiden voyage and it was a blast. I hope to soon be taking it to work most days.

wwhopper
09-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Let me know if you are interested in joining our DC Segway Enthusiast Group DCSEG. We do glides and have a local yahoo chat site DC-Segways. We have a number of users in Montgomery County.

We have an out of town glide scheduled on Oct 11th of the Gettysburg battlefield.

I take it from you chat name, you must be a Nationals Fan and have an affinity for the X2 or XT!

Glad to have another glider in the DC area

Mamrax
09-10-2008, 05:02 AM
Welcome, I bought mine 10 days ago from Capital Segway. Been using it to commute to DC. I actually look forward to going to work everyday. Hope to see you around.

natx
09-10-2008, 10:55 AM
My name is actually Nat, works out well with all my Nats' tshirts though. I won't be able to make the Gettysburg trip, but I'll certainly try to make some others.

wwhopper
09-10-2008, 12:52 PM
It is a fun way to get around DC, and combining the seg and Metro really makes it easy.

I use the Metro system much more now than I ever did before I had a Segway.

Get on after 10 am and before 3:45pm or after 7pm during the weekdays and anytime on the weekends except holidays or big event days. We follow the bike rules.

Just always use the elevators and never ride in the station and you will be fine.

natx
09-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Do you need any special pass for the metro? Do you ever find a need to recharge when you're downtown?

wwhopper
09-10-2008, 02:24 PM
The only "pass" that Metro offers for Segway users is for the disabled users so they can use the system at all hours and so they can ride their machines in stations and onboard the trains.

For the rest of us, just use it like you would normally if you were a bike rider, taking your Segway onto the trains at off peak hours.

And I have never needed to recharge downtown. Those of us who started with the NiMH batteries are pretty familiar where to look for electrical outlets. Behind soda machines, in tree boxes with lights on the sides of buildings, or find a coffee shop with wifi, and plug in there.

It is pretty easy to use a Segway in DC.