PDA

View Full Version : Doc from DC

Mamrax
09-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Just bought my Segway i2 from Capital Segway a week ago. Wishing I had done so sooner. (Been thinking about it for two years.) Having a blast and looking forward to gleaning some tips from the forums. I found the forums very helpfull when researching pre-purchase.

Doc

wwhopper
09-06-2008, 03:27 PM
I hope you got the DCSEG Yahoo group invite I sent you. We have a very active Segway user group here in DC. Last fall we had a blast in Bethesda with The Mary Ann Melville Glide, a glide in honor of one of the Cap Segway employees, who was spammed and lost her email id. We all had a blast.

This fall we are planning a couple of glides like up to Gettysburg on Oct 11th - and in November over Thanksgiving, some of the Indy SEG members will be in town, so no doubt we will do some glides with them, both in town and out of town.

I was just down at National Harbor, and when they get the trail on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge completed, that will be a blast to do!

We have a lot of members of DCSEG, some are active here, most are not. DC Tenor lives in Arlington, I live in NW DC, we have several NoVA folks that show up here as well as some MD folks.

So hopefully we will meet up with you soon for a glide.

Mamrax
09-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Yes I got your invite but am getting an error from yahoo that says I need to turn cookies on. I do have cookies turned on so I will have to figure out what is up with that.

Mary Ann is a friend of mine. The first segway I ever rode was hers when she first got it. Wish she was still in DC.

I work at GAO and hang out at the Irish Channel 5th and H st. NW

Doc

Five-Flags
09-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes I got your invite but am getting an error from yahoo that says I need to turn cookies on. I do have cookies turned on so I will have to figure out what is up with that.

Check your list of blocked sites - you may have Yahoo flagged for blocking even though cookies are on.

Mamrax
09-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Nope that wasn't it. I'll play around with it later tonight.

Check your list of blocked sites - you may have Yahoo flagged for blocking even though cookies are on.

Mamrax
09-07-2008, 05:23 AM
It works in Firefox but not in explorer. I turned all security off in explorer and still got the cookies error. Guess I'll have to use Firefox.

wwhopper
09-07-2008, 08:59 AM
as I use explorer. Interesting.

Welcome to DCSEG!

Bob.Kerns
09-07-2008, 01:01 PM
as I use explorer. Interesting.

Welcome to DCSEG!

Firewall/security software?

Mamrax
09-14-2008, 08:50 PM
I was able to open the account in Firefox and then access it through explorer. Problem to figure out on a rainy day.

Doc